audio 2 dj problem

Default audio 2 dj problem

Hi,

i just got audio 2 dj, but I have problem. There is a noise in channel A from time to time. Should I send it back? All other components are working good.

Thanks

prob wouldn't hurt taking it back and swapping the unit.

have you tried adjusting the latency? it could be a latency issue.

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    prob wouldn't hurt taking it back and swapping the unit.

have you tried adjusting the latency? it could be a latency issue.
    Don't use latest A2 driver - latency can not be adjusted - a glitch that NI need to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Don't use latest A2 driver - latency can not be adjusted - a glitch that NI need to fix.
    good to know.

i adjusted a latency, it is even worse...

try disabling all un-necessary apps, services, and hardware like bluetooth and wireless adaptors. then play a track on all your decks and run fx's too, then drop the latency down to the lowest number (the one that creates the most glitchy noise) then work your way up to a higher number but if you are still getting noise over about 15-20ms you have problems. ideally it should be perfect at about 10ms even with all stuff playing.

what system are you running just out of interest? and have you tried things like different usb ports on the same computer? different usb cable? have you tried your soundcard on another computer?

its best to eliminate everything before taking it back, as the unit may not be faulty and it could just be something to do with your configuration which means another unit will do the same thing.

Do you have anything else connected to your speakers?

I have a set of speakers run off two 'outputs' via a splitter. I have PC's internal sound card main out and Audio2DJ channel A going into a splitter and running into my speakers.

I can then use the internal sound cards 5.1 capability for gaming, movies etc but use the Audio2DJ for an output in Traktor etc.

I'm only noting this as it was a pain to set up due to a fuzzy noise coming form the Audio2DJ every now and again, especially if the level was set quite high.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.