OT: Help me, help you
    Tech Guru

Default OT: Help me, help you

Hello everyone,
    I don't know if you guys have ever seen the Ben Heck Show on Revision3. But he does mods and makes impractical ideas work. He's kinda a electronic guru so to say.

http://revision3.com/tbhs

I'm not trying to plug. I had an idea for the portable DJ that would be a really cool build imo. If you don't mind spamming his in box with the message listed below. I think it could be really interesting.

Hello everyone at Rev3 and Ben Heck show,
    I have a idea for a future build/show. The modern DJ has to be portable in order to get from party to club to gig. So the portable DJ needs his equipment to be easy to transport. But there's is so much breakdown and setup of the gear, its takes a lot of time and effort to do so. You have your laptop, mixer, turntable, midi controller, speakers, amps and the list goes on. Some of the equipment can weigh up to 30-40 lbs.

I'm considered a digital DJ, one who uses a midi controller and software compared to records and a external mixer. I was thinking of a 2 package deal. A "all in one" midi controller or DJ console that has the laptop, soundcard, amp and monitor built into one unit. If your up to it, then have sound system bundled together.

Anything else you could manage to add in to the mix, would be impressive.

Best regards,
    [enter name here]

Tbh, I wouldn't want the laptop and controller built into each other. Just asking for more trouble when something breaks.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

True, this is also why I am usually not a big fan of built-in soundcards etc etc.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Haha, this isn't for you personally as a consumer, more of entertainment. Experimenting, see what he could come up with. Adding, its not like the all in one/mod would be super glued together. Were not talking about Macs. You can replace PC parts. : ]

I already built a midi controller on my desk, Velcro is your friend along with taping the usb cable to the desk. same can be done for a laptop =p jk jk
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

The only thing making sense here would be to build a well ventilated enclosure for everything. DJ dAb already built something similar to the Ben Heck stuff for DJ purposes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgSEf2eaFb4

Search for him on these forum for some pics of that setup.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

Yeh Quen, seen that awhile back. His setup is really impressive.