Turn your basement into a club!!!

Default Turn your basement into a club!!!

I mean it's something that a dj enthusiast would like to have for several reasons ranging from simple looks to something like this Facebook group say: "Raving in your basement: like clubbing but without the ridiculous prices, dodgy bouncers and licenses to abide by. And you don't even have to queue for a fag! It's so good, you might as well dedicate your life to it."

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7524359282

Even this Wikihow makes it all seem very easy http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Club (look at the club pic then read)

I thought about this for about half a second and maybe with one of those $150 dj party light/smoke set hooked up to a big red button that say "PARTY!" would create a cool effect lol. And a pole. Poles make people do crazy things. I have seen mancaves before but pretty much all of them are sports oriented with the 150" TV and 200 favorite team flags.

So have you ever thought about making such place in your home? If you could would you do it? Any pics/stories about such a place?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's a couple of nice man caves in the show us your setup thread, but I'm always keen to see more elaborate setups.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Seeing a resemblance to the 'Show your setup' thread too.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

I'm planning to do so in my garage. I can manage to make two floors in it with plexiglass floor and fancy lighting. Of course I'm going to make it sound-proof otherwise the neighbourhood won't be so happy.
    As soon as I find the money and time I will post pics.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Seeing a resemblance to the 'Show your setup' thread too.
    Kinda thought about that too when seeing the first response

I should have chosen the wording more akin to "Which dj light pack would you use and how you position it". Feel free to merge/delete.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Wizard

I used to live in quite an interesting loft that I turned into a quasi club. We had a set up for 2 sets of dj gear (myself and my roommate), 4-12" main speakers going, a sub, various lights (led pattern, strobe, disco ball). It had 16 foot ceilings and a huge main room. Great times were had

Tech Mentor

A friend of mine started with his basement club, now it has spread to most of his house lol.

Once I can afford a house I plan on putting in a nice club like basement.