Diy Midi Controller and Merged Mappings

Default Diy Midi Controller and Merged Mappings

Greetings Internet people.

This is my first post on the site, after being a long time reader.

Just wanted to give you an idea of the controller I'm planning to build and wondered if you guys had some advice/comments.

I've been Djing for about a year but only recently started getting into using Traktor with Midi controllers. I started with my turntables using time code with Scratch Pro and had fun with it, but felt it was always lacking creativity (as I wasn't too hot on the old scratching).

So, I decided to invest in some midi controllers. I already had a NanoKey for my production and i use this for cue points and loops etc. Bought myself a cheap NanoKey as I wanted some pots for FX and things. Now, don't get me wrong, the Kontrol is awesome. But its tiny and weirdly laid out for DJing.

So, after that long haul explanation, here's the hook. My idea is, to take the PCB from the Kontrol and hook up some new bigger faders, some better pots, and some arcade buttons and switches.

However, i want more buttons than the Kontrol will allow for, so im also going to get my old USB Keyboard PCB and wire up the extra buttons to this, then run them both through my powered hub and merge the mappings, voila.

I've got some plans drawn up and some parts in mind and i'll try and upload the designs so you can see. I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas on what might be fun to put on it?

Here's what i have so far:

Cross-fader
    Input faders (when a modifier witch is on these will be Tempo, with nudge buttons top and bottom)
    EQ pots
    FX pots
    Fx fader
    4 arcade buttons for cue points on each deck
    3 switches for each deck (Modifiers etc)
    3 more arcade buttons for each deck, controlling dedicated FX.

Sorry for the long ass post, I'm pretty excited about this project.

Thanks,

An extra note;

The help i most need is how to wire the arcade buttons?
    Like, do i chain them? and how?

tTinking of getting a USB num-pad instead of the whole keyboard as the pcb will be a lot smaller and easy to figure out. Does anyone know about the pcb inside these?

Default Preliminary Design

Here's the sort of idea I'm after.

Sorry about the shoddiness and the Paint-iness
    But it was the easiest way to get my design to the computer without a scanner

Let me know what you think