Traktor Mapping with Footpedal

Default Traktor Mapping with Footpedal

Hey DJTT! I love your forums and this is my first post, so let's go.

So I accidentally got the FS-5L instead of the FS-5U to use with my KS4. For those of you who don't know, the FS-5L latches while the FS-5U doesn't.

Currently, the pedal works fine for the default function of initiating the loop recorder, but to reuse the function again I have to hit the pedal once to "unlatch" it (doesn't actually latch, light just goes on/off), and once to reinitiated the loop recorder.

Since this "unlatch" is unused, I was wondering if there was any way possible to map TP so the "latch" initiates the recorder and the "unlatch" defines how long I want the loop to be--AKA end recording and begin playback. Otherwise, I have to set the loop length ahead of time, or now that I think of it change it as the recording is occurring (?) which would defeat the purpose of the pedal.

I'm totally new to this whole mapping thing and looking back at this post I can tell I over-described the problem, but any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

You have to determine the loop length before recording. I don't believe what you are asking to do can be achieved with in the Traktor software.

I have the 5L for my keyboard I use as a controller, and tried it out with the S4. I see what you mean about the relatching, kind of a pain. If you got the pedal local could you exchange it?
    Last edited by VanGogo; 02-22-2011 at 02:04 AM.

I'm with you on this one, as I did get the fs5L too.
    Just create an additional user s4 mapping, you may need ot put the in port for S4, create a line for your footswtich ("loop recorder record") and set it to hold, that would normally solve your problem (you won't need to push the pedal twice). Note that the led from the footswitch would be of no interest and can't be relied upon as visual feedback that's all.
    Forget about your idea about using it at the same time to change the length, I may be mistaken but that would probably not work at all.
    Last edited by Yul; 02-22-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Hmm try the following: instead of setting it to 'hold, set to 'toggle' and tick 'invert', that would probably work better than the above and you may still get the led feedback from the footswitch.

Let me know please.
    Last edited by Yul; 02-22-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Yeah of course! Thanks for all the feedback, I'll test it out when I'm back home later today and give you a reply!