Question about Lasers (lights for DJing)
    Tech Convert

Default Question about Lasers (lights for DJing)

I have a quick question for anyone who knows a bit about lights for DJing, or specifically this product: http://www.extremelasers.com/CL-5RG.htm

That model is the "Extreme Laser" Multicolor (red, green & yellow) Club Laser.

If you follow the link above you'll see it retails for $699.

Someone I know bought it a couple of months ago but won't be needing it. They are looking for quick cash, and are asking for $200 (so I think I can get $175 to be honest). He says they work perfectly fine, and they still have 10 months warranted on them. Any yes, I trust him. Getting to the point, I DJ and I wasn't planning on getting lasers or lights anytime soon but I have been presented with a great deal (I think). I don't know much about lights or lasers or anything so...Any opinions? About these lights in particular? With my setup?-(mac book pro, traktor scratch pro, turntables, midi controllers) With my styles?-(a house/other e.d.m. set and a hip hop/mashup set)

Thanks for the help!!

lazers are cool. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

I don't know much about lights but I think you'll need a fog machine to see the lasers.

Thats a nice unit mate, and definitely a bargain at under $200. You don't need a smoke machine to see the lasers, although one is highly recommended! This one has sound activated programs so basically just set it up and you are away. With the extra money you saved you could get a dmx controller as well and program some cool sequences
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "