CALLING ALL TORONTO DJ's! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Tech Mentor BANGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discoboss View Post
    s4 owner here, used to have a monthly at blondies and laveck bloc, mostly old school hip hop (94ish) and beats ( dilla and madlib ) just chilled stuff...... gonna put together a mix and soundcloud ya!!! i think im ready for another stab at a gig night....... even tho its not the right crowd.... i could def start your night off

    Awesome man I am always looking to mix it up a bit.. Alot of guys throw in old school hip hop in their sets and the crowd loves it.

  2. #12
    Tech Mentor BANGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    Hey man,
    I'm with the Simplify Agency. We have several stateside dubstep acts that would be able to play up there. Take a look at the roster here- simplifyagency.com and email me or AIM and we'll sort the details. You can get my info off the site Hope this helps!

    -Wil
    Awesome... could you hit me up with an email

    evan.christensen@me.com

    We are really interested in throwing a dub step act especially during Canadian Music Week.

  3. #13

    Default

    Hey
    I've been messing about for little under a year and would love to get a chance to play up in Toronto.

    I currently go to school in Rochester, NY but I'd definitely be willing to drive up to Toronto for any sort of gig but I probably wouldn't be able to do anything to regular since I live a couple hours away.

    I'll make sure to send you an email with my soundcloud and what not
    Thanks!
    Jarvis
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

  4. #14
    Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    20Hz - 60Hz
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Hey man, I'm from Toronto but living in Waterloo for university. I do drum & bass (love the stuff), dubstep and electro. Only thing I can see being an issue is that I haven't played out at clubs much. I'll be posting a drum & bass mix to my soundcloud in a couple days (stuff on my soundcloud isn't exactly new but the oct 22nd recording is a pretty good representation of my live sound).

    soundcloud
    mixcloud <- disregard the hardcore mix, I don't play that stuff out.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

  5. #15
    Tech Guru Str8upDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Do you think something like this would go over well...



    Also feel free to check out my youtube channel...
    http://www.youtube.com/str8updrew

  6. #16
    Tech Mentor bmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toronto/ Waterloo, Canada
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Hey man,

    I'm from Toronto, I actually go to school with Citizen Insane @ University of Waterloo, but both him and I go back to Toronto frequently. I even have my own car n stuff. I sent you a more descriptive e-mail with all the info. I look forward to hearing from you.

    BTW I've had the pleasure and opportunity to listen to Citizen Insane spin Live, both with him as a DJ duo and as an audience and I would highly recommend him.

    regards,
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

  7. #17

    Default

    Toronto was my stomping ground between 1989 and 2000...

    I had gigs at...

    RPM (Guvernment) for you younger folks
    Phoenix (my personal fave... Sunday night in the parlour
    GoGo
    Limelight
    Fluid

    Just typing those names makes me feel old.... DJing at those clubs was the most exciting time of my career. Toronto crowds are very well educated; good mixing and programming are well appreciated by them. The scene back then was really hard to get in to. It's nice to see a Toronto DJ putting it out there... kudos to you!

  8. #18
    Tech Mentor BANGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    Hey man,

    I'm from Toronto, I actually go to school with Citizen Insane @ University of Waterloo, but both him and I go back to Toronto frequently. I even have my own car n stuff. I sent you a more descriptive e-mail with all the info. I look forward to hearing from you.

    BTW I've had the pleasure and opportunity to listen to Citizen Insane spin Live, both with him as a DJ duo and as an audience and I would highly recommend him.

    regards,
    Hit me up with an email bro I'd love to check your stuff out!

  9. #19
    Tech Mentor BANGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    Hey
    I've been messing about for little under a year and would love to get a chance to play up in Toronto.

    I currently go to school in Rochester, NY but I'd definitely be willing to drive up to Toronto for any sort of gig but I probably wouldn't be able to do anything to regular since I live a couple hours away.

    I'll make sure to send you an email with my soundcloud and what not
    Thanks!
    Jarvis
    Cool man hit me up with an email!

  10. #20
    Tech Mentor bmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toronto/ Waterloo, Canada
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BANGERS View Post
    Hit me up with an email bro I'd love to check your stuff out!
    Hey, I PM'd you a while ago to the e-mail address you posted, but never got a response. I'll just send what i put in the e-mail in a private PM on here.

    cheers,
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •