What is the best way to stream live?

Default What is the best way to stream live?

I was looking up this process because I now live in San luis obispo and I wanted to live stream dj session for a party for my friends...turns out there are several ways.
    #1.Apparently ventrillo can be configured to read straight from a soundcard and broadcast outwardly
    #2 long skype phone call
    or
    #3 broadcast on some webcam channel like ustream or stickam or something, have you guys ever done this? what do you think?

I'm curious about this, too. Got an HD webcam on Boxing Day so I could start a uStream or something sorta like the one deadmau5 has sometimes.

I've got my webcam running on my desktop PC which is right by my booth. Just have it on there for power purposes and what not. Is there a way to hook a direct audio line to my laptop so who ever is watching on uStream has good quality sound, not just what is coming from my webcam microphone.

Sorry if that's confusing.
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

shoutcast it, srsly.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's some good info on using ustream on here if you search for it. I use Nicecast, but I go straight the stations server so I don't know a lot about setting up things on that end, other than it can be expensive.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by makesmiles View Post
    Is there a way to hook a direct audio line to my laptop so who ever is watching on uStream has good quality sound, not just what is coming from my webcam microphone.

Sorry if that's confusing.
    I use uStream nearly everyweek. I route the master out of my S4 to the line in on my pc soundcard. There is an option on the uStream broadcast page where it gives you options of which sound source to use. I broadcast from home pretty late at night and have kids so need to do most mixes using the headphones, painful I know.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

I'm relatively new to this but it's something I have been experimenting with. You can route the output of your DJ software directly in to the flash application (that's if you're going the uStream/etc path). There's no skipping or lagging but the bass is a little flat.
    ElectroJams: Electronic Music Blog

Macbook Pro 17", Traktor Pro, Numark Mixtrack