VCI-100 1.4 upgrade Gain resets HELP!
    Tech Student

Default VCI-100 1.4 upgrade Gain resets HELP!

I purchased a VCI-100 (silver) then upgraded to 1.4 firmware and black overlay from DJTT. I'm using VCI-100SE v3.6.4 PC [FW 1.4].tsi in Traktor Pro v 1.2.4. When I load a new track, and sporadically after, the gain control resets in Traktor to about 40% and is out-of-sync with the gain knob on the vci-100. In order to get the gain back up, I have to dial the knob down to the level in Traktor (40%) then turn it back up.

Go to Preferences, Mixer, Set AutoGain. Make sure that is unchecked or Traktor will automatically adjust the gain for each incoming track

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by ZachDero View Post
    Go to Preferences, Mixer, Set AutoGain. Make sure that is unchecked or Traktor will automatically adjust the gain for each incoming track
    Thanks, Zach. Also, should I have to load my .tsi files every time I start Traktor? I feel like for several hundred dollars in software it should do a better job of keeping my settings straight.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danrick77 View Post
    Thanks, Zach. Also, should I have to load my .tsi files every time I start Traktor? I feel like for several hundred dollars in software it should do a better job of keeping my settings straight.
    Once you set the VCI up in the controller manager by setting the VCI in the in/out ports you shouldn't have to do anything again. It will default to showing keyboard at the top of the list when you open the controller manager, but that's normal. Are you getting something different?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Also, if you paid several hundreds of dollars you could at least update it to the latest version available if you're having troubles. 1.2.7 has been out for while now.
    MBP 15" Core i5 - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Sennheiser HD 25-1 II - Lamborghini-yellow KRK RP6 G2's