Audio Control 1... FAIL!!!
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio Control 1... FAIL!!!

Hey all,

So i'm back again with darn problems. I'm not sure whether this is connected to what i'm putting down to the underpowered usb problem... buuuuttt. Last night i had an epic fail with the AK1 soundcard. To start with i have had the card for between 4-6 months and only ever ran audio through the headphone output (usually around 30-50% volume a) and outputs 1&2 (50-70%) for mains connected to sometimes a small set of computer speakers or mostly to my own pa or the club amp.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what the hell could be happening here would be greatly appreciated as i'm booked pretty heavy and will have to use internal soundcard until i can fix it.

I ran the card from around 10PM last night which is an hour later than usual. I had low volume output for around 1 hour till 11PM then increased minimally till around 12:30 when i had to punch it up to 70% because the card was literally dieing in the ass. It was acting like a was running a heap of different filters through it. (obviously the 1st thing i checked was all my effects banks). I pulled the VCI out to see if the card was underpowered which didnt make any different. I turned all my frequency knobs and reset them to check there wasnt a stuck signal or something. Ended up rebooting my laptop completely after not running it for 15 minutes to try a cool down and relax period would change anything. No good. Same shit getting worse. In the end i copped a torrent of abuse from the 3 women dancing (thank god that was all last night) as i had to play out a compilation cd only as i couldnt get my mp3 player to output through the other channel due to someone F@#king with the club mixer as usual. I've still gotta play out again tonight and frankly i'm tired, cranky and pissed off.

I stayed up till 2am to finish mixing at the club. Woke up at 5am this morning to come to my normal job. I had some guy go up into my booth last night and decide he wanted to play dj while i was on a toilet break (no friends to watch my gear last night as they all on shift also). This asshole decides that he "wants to smash my teeth all over the dance floor" because i abused fuck out of him for going in there in the 1st place. My creative words were "Hey mate what the fuck u think ur doing, Do u see me go into ur bedroom and fuck with ur shit!" to which he replies "what is your problem" which automatically hits me in the monster button. "my problem is there's no less than $10000 of my shit in this booth and ur up here fcking around with ur drink in your hand. i dont fucking know you so get the fuck outta my booth before i give u a lifetime ban" to which he says "and who the fuck are you." i says "i'm the dj, i work here, i'm on the payroll and this is my gear so just fuck off because your not welcome up here" to which i get "ur so lucky, ur just some little dj bitch playing with buttons and shit" to which i reply "well go buy your own gear and apply for the fucking job if ur so shit hot at it asshole now fuck off" to which we then went into a 30second death stare before he realised i wasnt backing down even though i only just got told he is a really good fighter... (cause i don't care it's my gear and i work my guts out for it an half the pubs including bar staff security and patrons have my back all the way)

anyhow sorry bout the last bit being off subject but as i said tired and cranky n had to get it off my chest.

Thanks for any help with the AK1 problem guys i'm desperate or i'll be outta action for who knows how long.

Tech Mentor

I have no ideas other than if it is defective. To call native instruments and have them ship a refur or something. I love the second story gives me inspiration.
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Wizard

+1 to inspiration lol.

Whenever someone burns my piss whether it be djing or playing my own music live i always think back to "If your so good then have a go yourself" it totally bursts their bubble. The thing that had me the most is i'm almost 25 and for around 23 years of my time i was a lost bitter and angry person and for me to control myself (although to some it may look like i was fairly going off which i was) it could have been a lot worse till i just remembered that 1 little sentence of have a go urself mate. It's unreal how 1 wanker can ruin a great night with 1 comment from a bloke like that but the other 99 nites you do with positive comments will always win you over.

So stay inspired so you can inspire others yourself sometime!

Tech Wizard

Hmmm I know how you feel, the same kinda thing happened to me on New Years but my story didnt end so well..

Asked to help set up a houseparty round my parts as no body had anything to do and the only soundsystem we had was my home B&W 4.1 setup. Went to the party, reluctantly set it up and the laptop with traktor on for some easy DJing. Set everything to half gain, limits on the amp, bobs your uncle everything looked and sounded great! Perfect for DubStep with my beautiful downward firing 400W Custom Active Sub.

Made the huuuge mistake of leaving the room for an hour to get drinks while another DJ mixed with his CDJ's, only to come back to find my £400 sub and 2 rear B&W 601's had all be blown because some smart ass thought he would turn everything up to full, turn the sub gain up to full, change the limits on the amps and rag it.

£600 worth of damage. People have no fucking respect for anyone elses shit these days. A little knowledge in the wrong hands is so dangerous. So now i'm a £600 step back away from my VCI and soundcard.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphizer View Post
    People have no fucking respect for anyone elses shit these days. A little knowledge in the wrong hands is so dangerous. So now i'm a £600 step back away from my VCI and soundcard.
    Yeah i'm hearing ya! Hardest thing for me is i live in a mining town and most of these dicks are young and green. All play football and love to fight and have spent their whole lives being fed with a golden spoon by mummy and daddy so they don't realise what it's like to build yourself up from nothing and deal with the real struggles of life.