DJ Controller, I should choose 1 of the Controllers, help please.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DJ Controller, I should choose 1 of the Controllers, help please.

Hi guys, nowadays i'm looking for a DJ Controller.. I should choose one and go&buy..

I think the best controllers are;

- Pioneer DDJ-T1
    - Numark Mixdeck
    - Denon DN-MC6000
    - Traktor Kontrol S4

Numark MixDeck

I quite like Numark Mixdeck and I want it more than others because; the advantages are that you can use CD's/USB Flashdisk/PC/HDD, also it has LED Screen on it.. But I heard that the crossfader doesn't work correctly, is it true? are there any f.w. updates for fixing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJTu View Post
    Hi guys, nowadays i'm looking for a DJ Controller.. I should choose one and go&buy..

I think the best controllers are;

- Pioneer DDJ-T1
    - Numark Mixdeck
    - Denon DN-MC6000
    - Traktor Kontrol S4

Numark MixDeck

I quite like Numark Mixdeck and I want it more than others because; the advantages are that you can use CD's/USB Flashdisk/PC/HDD, also it has LED Screen on it.. But I heard that the crossfader doesn't work correctly, is it true? are there any f.w. updates for fixing it ?
    Welcome to the forum.

There are hundreds of threads on here asking 'which controller should I buy', you really need to say a bit more about what you plan to use it for. I mean, do you really need to play CDs? The mixdeck and T1 are BIG units, are you going to be using them in clubs, in which case size might get in the way? Do you already use DJ software? if so which program?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Thank you for your quick reply bro, The size of the machine is not important for me. I'll use it in my house to practice and to enjoy. Also sometimes i can carry it to little parties but not so often. I use Traktor and VirtualDJ

Are you on mac or windows? The Mixdeck is well featured but I'm not a fan of Numark products, and the T1 is overpriced for what you get. It'll be good quality but I'd go for the S4 over the T1 if i were you.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

I'm using Windows mate, I don't go for the T1 too because its expensive and i can't find it easily in my country i guess..

What are your opinions about denon's controller? and why dont you want to buy mixdeck?

I've never tried it so I can't really comment on the Denon, but I know they generally make good equipment. I find the mixdeck a bit too plasticky, and I don't like anything with an ipod dock

I'm sure you'd have fun with it though and I'm equally sure that many owners are very happy with them, so don't let my prejudices stop you if that's what you want!

Any chance you could try them out before buying? Got any DJ shops near you?

Tech Convert

I can only try Traktor Kontrol S4 mate, i don't have any chance to try numark

And also, as I said in my first message, i heard a problem about the crossfader/faders in Numark Mixdeck have you heard that?

Quote Originally Posted by DJTu View Post
    I can only try Traktor Kontrol S4 mate, i don't have any chance to try numark

And also, as I said in my first message, i heard a problem about the crossfader/faders in Numark Mixdeck have you heard that?
    No, but do a search on this forum for 'mixdeck' and you'll probably find something if it's a problem.

The mixdeck won't feel nicer than the S4, it's up to you whether CD compatability is important. Also, the S4 comes with a free copy of the new Traktor Pro 2 which is worth bearing in mind.

Tech Convert

Yes you are right mate, TP2 CD is important and worth to think about..

CD compatability is not a need for me, but its a good option anyway.. In my country the best prices for an un-used (new) S4 is approximately 1.120 Euros and for a new Mixdeck is 1.000 Euros..

I really can't decide which one to buy..

Tech Convert

By the way can I use my Microlab Solo6 1+1 Speaker directly with S4 and Mixdeck ?? Or should i get Amfi or something ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast