VDJ lag - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VDJ lag

Tech Wizard

@TheBlackHombre - Im not exactly sure where to find that setting to deselect the internal sound card. Went to ASIO settings and only has the latency settings.

CPU is not maxing out, it stays at about 40%

And I cant say that I completely understand how latency works but I have tried different latency settings and that does not seem to fix the problem.

Tech Guru

In the ASIO preferences window you should have an option to enable or disable a device. For me there is a lit button next to the device listed.

Are you gettin' 40% usage while the decks are active? If not, expect 80% cpu usage when tracks are running. Adding if your running 4 decks with a low/decent latency. Adds up.

Trial and error. Remove a device, try VDJ. Same results? Stop a service, stop a process etc. try VDJ and so on.
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 02-24-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    In the ASIO preferences window you should have an option to enable or disable a device. For me there is a lit button next to the device listed.

Are you gettin' 40% usage while the decks are active? If not, expect 80% cpu usage when tracks are running. Adding if your running 4 decks with a low/decent latency. Adds up.

Trial and error. Remove a device, try VDJ. Same results? Stop a service, stop a process etc. try VDJ and so on.
    turn off ALL services, devices and programs that aren't essential to running VDJ and your gear.

Tech Wizard

Thanks so much everyone for helping me out. When I get home today and I am going to try all of the fixes and let you know how it works out...sorry im a newbie to some of this stuff just trying to get all this running smoothly, ya know?

Ill get back later today on here and let you know if I can get anything fixed....thanks again

Tech Wizard

Okay so I really do not know how to fix this. When I click on the ASIO config in VDJ sometimes it will say not able to change since they are in use and when they are unplugged it does not do anything at all.

Im running at about 45% CPU with both decks active so I do not know why there is a lag.

I am thinking about switching to Traktor or something else but will I have to use timecodes? Any suggestions on what to get and how to hook things up so i can run smoothly? I do not really know a lot about DJing with software since I have just recently got the 850s.

Tech Guru

Turn off all the programs you have running. In the start menu look for Asio offline settings and try changing it from there. Then try VDJ again.

If you don't have the offline settings. Reinstall Asio4all and tick the option in the installation window.

I suggest switching to Traktor regardless.

Tech Wizard

Okay well what version of Traktor do you recommend?

Tech Guru

TSP2 is right around the corner, April 1st. I couldn't recommend buying any NI software atm besides the S4 becuase you get a free TSP 2 upgrade from what I've heard.

Coming from VDJ you might enjoy Serato aswell. Do some research and find which purchase best fits you and your budget.

Try the demos before making a purchase. : ]

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...r-scratch-pro/

http://serato.com/products

Heres a rundown of the not so obvious DJ softwares out there: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=21757&page=2

I would recommend checking out Mixxx. Its a 100% free and decent (Plus it has a dirty sounding name, teehee.). It should get you by until TSP2. http://www.mixxx.org/

Tech Wizard

I downloaded mixxx to try it out buttt im not so good with setting things up yet haha. Do i have to use them as midi controllers? How do i set them up? sorry i cant figure it out

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bhop View Post
    I downloaded mixxx to try it out buttt im not so good with setting things up yet haha. Do i have to use them as midi controllers? How do i set them up? sorry i cant figure it out
    Check your inbox.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast