What filters are you using? Can I add VST's to traktor for more?
    Tech Guru

Default What filters are you using? Can I add VST's to traktor for more?

What filters are you using? Can I add VST's to traktor for more? do I have to run an external program from traktor? and is this a common practice for DJs running traktor? I ask because I have heard many other cool filters and effects (ex. Traktor Pro has so many more!) and I feel like traktor 3's effects are common and not that impressive, is there something I am missing in implementation to take these effects to the next level?

Hi there, you will have better filter control in Traktor Pro thats correct - but if you really wanna take your filters and effects section to "the next level" read the artle in my signiture and route your audio into Ableton. That way you can have all the fx and filters you could possibly desire.

Tech Guru

Yea, I recently got ableton and want to do this, but my main hesitation is because I only have one gig of ram in my macbook (dual core 2.16ghz I believe). I wonder whether running ableton through traktor is going to be too much for my computer.

It could be, i eat alot of ram up !

Honestly though, ram is that cheap that you can goto the computer store and pick up heaps for next to nothing.

Tech Mentor

Get te extra ram, I couldn't run traktor pro properly without it. traktor 3.4 seemed to be fine, but yeah, ableton is the way to go it you want to run more effects whether they are live's ones or external vst's/au's. Don't get your ram from a certified mac place though, just generic stuff will do fine. I seriously don't think there is any difference.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

Tech Mentor

by the way, a killer vst is supatrigga if you want the random cut up sound ala Ed Banger and other electro music etc, I'm using it for production sometimes. I would die if I heard someone using it in a live set. I would still hope that I didn't notice that you were using it though!

Just one of the secrets I will let go , switch it on and off with mdi assigned buttons...instant remix! All effects in moderation though eh.

http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=6
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

Tech Mentor

btw, I posted a thread on hooking up Live though Traktor on Mac using Jack. It's simple and doesn't compare to Bento's ways but gets the job done...better stop posting on this thread....