I have a dilema and I would like some input.
    Tech Convert

Default I have a dilema and I would like some input.

Hey everyone, I have been a long time reader, haven't posted much. Anyways...

My setup currently consists of 2 Numark TT200s, a numark mixer, timecodes, vdj and a maya44. I do like the timecode for the feel but I mostly play house, electro, and dubstep, I never scratch, mostly just drop and mix, so a cue and play button would be nice.

I've had my setup for a few years and I want to move to a controller and traktor, due to a number of reasons: portabilibty, more options(effects, cues, sampling, etc), and customability. I've researched almost every controller from DIY to all price ranges and the best bang for the buck I can come up with is selling my setup for $350-$400 and buying an xponent, traktor and an audio2/4Dj.

I'm open to pretty much anything, from building my own, to buying a midi fighter, or whatever, I just can't spend anything more than 100 in addition to what I can sell my gear for...now that you know my life story...what would you do?

a better bet would be a vestax typhoon than the xponent, seriously!! the keyboard has got over 100 buttons, you can map any thing on them; even two midifighters with bomes. if you want extra knobs hit a used numark stealth or an X1. Save the rest of the money.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There was a VCI in the buy sell forum for $350 yesterday and NI audio cards are going to be dropping like flies come April.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I like the typhoon idea, not a big fan of eq faders and there is no cue and limited effects controll but at that price I could add a used x1 or a midi fighter. Why choose that over the xponent though? It has a ridiculous amount of buttons and knobs , led feedback, and an a/b bank switch.

If there is a deal available after I sell my gear I would deffinatly want to snatch it up but most vci/a2dj combos are above $400.