Fader fx problem with vci-100 black

Default Fader fx problem with vci-100 black

Hello everyone,
    I have an Vestax vci-100 black edition with 1.2 firmware, and i like it so much with the great mapping from djtechtools en the overlay is also very good.
    Still i have some questions, i have the 3.6.4 mapping downloaded and then you can select the 1.3 or 1.4 firmware mapping, which one is best for my still standard 1.2 vci?
    I know have installed the 1.3 and my fader fx mode doesn't seem to work unfortunately, i hope someone can help me with this, because i would love to change the effect with the faders, it gives it that much more control!

Seriously, get a firmware upgrade kit. It's not very hard and it makes the VCI so much more functional.

If you can't, use the 1.3 mappings, but the FW is totally worth it. Post on the buy and sell forum to see if anyone is selling/willing to loan one out near you.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thx for your answer, but can u tell me in short what the big advantages are with the kit installed? because i already can do so much with this mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by daviscup1980 View Post
    Thx for your answer, but can u tell me in short what the big advantages are with the kit installed? because i already can do so much with this mapping.
    - HD pitch faders which are actually accurate.
    - HD Jog wheels (noticeable difference)
    - Extra midi notes on the line faders for fader FX mode (3-effect super faders)
    - 4th effect button works (in 1.2 it mirrors one of the cue buttons)
    - For me the filter knob seemed more accurate
    - Disco mode!
    - Lots more tweaks.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

1.4 is definitely worth it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    - HD pitch faders which are actually accurate.
    - HD Jog wheels (noticeable difference)
    - Extra midi notes on the line faders for fader FX mode (3-effect super faders)
    - 4th effect button works (in 1.2 it mirrors one of the cue buttons)
    - For me the filter knob seemed more accurate
    - Disco mode!
    - Lots more tweaks.
    Hi there, i got my VCI-100 Black with fw 1.2 and tried the mapping 3.6.4 for fw 1.3 exactly as daviscup did and the only thing that doesnīt work other than the 4th fx button is the volume fader. it changes the dry/wet of the fx but not the 2nd and 3r fx values. Is this a 1.3 and 1.4 firmware feature only?

Can i make the volume fader control the fx 2 and 3 on the chained fx value with fw 1.2 basically?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkatek View Post
    Is this a 1.3 and 1.4 firmware feature only?
    It is. The firmware adds extra midi notes to the fader to activate other FX, which isn't possible with 1.2 FW.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    It is. The firmware adds extra midi notes to the fader to activate other FX, which isn't possible with 1.2 FW.
    Seems like iīll have to buy the firmware kit then. I just didnīt want to mess around with it just yet as it is brand new but i guess it should be fine and itīs not a major operation.
    I saw some thread talking about a buy and sell section here. How can i find it?
    I live in Portugal and buying it from the DJTT site comes out really expensive so i would like to get it off someone in Portugal preferably.

Thx for your super quick reply.

click on 'DJTechTools Forums' at the top of any page and it shows you the various subforums, one of which is Buy & Sell.