No scratch and scratching delay. This is WEIRD.
    Tech Convert

Default No scratch and scratching delay. This is WEIRD.

Hey all-

Having two problems here, was looking for a hand since Traktor forums and Denon forums are of no help. I was told by a friend to look here if I needed professional advice.

I am using Traktor Pro 1.0.2 and Denon HC 4500 controller.

1. I cannot scratch with this unit in Traktor Pro, yet I was able to in Traktor 3.3. I have tried to map the jog wheel to "scratch" in transport but to no avail.

2. in Traktor 3.3, I was experiencing a delay of start when I would scratch and then release the platter. As in, I would move the platter back and forth, and on a forward movement would release the platter. What I hear is a quick pause and then a "winding up effect" as the track "resumes" speed.

Weird.

What I want is to let go of the platter and the song picks right up. No delay, no wind up, just instant resume of play so I can keep in time with the music!
    This is not a latency problem, since all other mapped buttons and knobs have instant reaction time.

I'd appreciate any help and if you need me to further describe my problems, just let me know. I will watch this thread day and night. Thank you!
    Asus F8SP w/ Duo T5750, 4 Gig RAM
    DN HC-4500
    Traktor Pro 1.0.2

Tech Convert

I'm not sure but I think I may have had the same problem. I downloaded the traktor pro demo on my computer, and I'm using a vci-100. For some reason it wouldn't let me scratch, but just like slowly move through the song when I turned the jog wheel. I'm not sure what's up with that, but it really pissed me off...

Tech Convert

Yea, my friend who has the VCI-100 is complaining of the same problem. Here's an idea I had but have not tested yet. In mapping section of Traktor pro, there is a transport control "scratch on". Perhaps this must be activated first before "scratch" will work. Give this a shot: (sorry I am not totally familiar with VCI-100, but you'll know what I mean) map the "scratch on" function to your outer wheel as a "hold" command. Then map the same wheel to "scratch". Do you follow my drift? Let me know if you are successful or not, and I will try it on my DN HC-4500 as well in the next day or two. Anyone else had luck with this or a similar idea? What works for you guys?

As for the delay problem described above, has anyone had this problem? And what did you do to solve it?
    DN HC-4500
    Traktor Pro 1.0.2

Tech Convert

Has anyone experienced this delay of start?? I am lost and cannot accept that "this is the way it is". My latency is very low, I've tinkered with everything. This happens with multiple controllers, not just my DN-4500. Any ideas anyone?? Any help is really appreciated.
    DN HC-4500
    Traktor Pro 1.0.2

In the case of the VCI-100 there are 2 note message sent by the unit.

One when you put your finger on the platter and another when you take your finger off the platter.

These need to be mapped to scartch on and scratch off respectivly - then theres also a control message send by the unit, this should be mapped to just "scratch"

So theres basicly 3 mappings you need to worry about, scratch on, scratch off and scratch.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 02-22-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Tech Convert

Hmmm, Bento you bring up an interesting point, and I wonder if it's the same for my DN-HC4500. Thanks for the reply.
    DN HC-4500
    Traktor Pro 1.0.2