Swap Deck Tracks in Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Swap Deck Tracks in Traktor Pro

Does anyone no if it's possible to swap the tracks in decks A/B without having to go to playlist, so that I can switch the beat on deck A with the scratch on deck B in a seamleass fashion so that I can switch from scratching the scratch with left hand to right hand.
    I am using Traktor Pro with the numark Mixtrack and Audio 2 DJ.
    You would think that Traktor would have a switch button feature.
    There certain scratchs I can do with my left hand/left deck and visa versa.
    Is this already a feature in Traktor that I am missing? If not Native Instruments should surely see the value of this feature for scratch DJ's.

Any help from you guys would be great.

Thanks

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, EKS Otus, Audio 6 DJ, Macbook Pro i7 Quad, Akai MPK Mini, Stanton Decks, Kontrol X1, Mackie D.2, Reaper 4, Ableton Live, Mashine Mikro.
    www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

Tech Mentor

I'd also like to know this as I want a 3rd deck that I can seamlessly 'switch' to deck A or B

Tech Guru

reverse ur xfader and reach over
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Wizard

I know about reversing the crossfader, but that still does not achieve what I am after. To be able to assign a button to flip decks while keeping the beat on the flipped decks seamlessly going is what I want. I think NI should add thsi feature. As we are now in software world this should not be a problem.

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, EKS Otus, Audio 6 DJ, Macbook Pro i7 Quad, Akai MPK Mini, Stanton Decks, Kontrol X1, Mackie D.2, Reaper 4, Ableton Live, Mashine Mikro.
    www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by djmodular View Post
    You would think that Traktor would have a switch button feature.
    Since no one's ever asked for it before, I'm not sure you would

you might be able to map something, I think there's a command to copy deck a to b or vice versa so maybe if you map that both ways round to the same button it might work.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Since no one's ever asked for it before, I'm not sure you would

you might be able to map something, I think there's a command to copy deck a to b or vice versa so maybe if you map that both ways round to the same button it might work.
    Ummm I will have a look into that. Maybe that could be the trick. Thanks

www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

Yeah, what happens if you use the existing deck copy function?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

In internal mixing-mode, this is easy: Copy Deck should fit exactly your need. Track should be playing as it's copied. If you use the crossfader, make sure to assign the appropriate value to the superbutton as well. Transitioning FX will be though thou, as will the whole idea if you mix externally. Then you'd have to switch decks and crossfade seamlessly to get a unnoticeable transition.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Tech Wizard

You mean deck duplicate right? I assigned a button to duplicate A/B and B/A as two seperat in functions assigned to the same button, however it only duplicates one deck. Do i need a modifier or is there something else I am missing? Has anyone got a screenshot of how to set this up?

www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djmodular View Post
    You mean deck duplicate right? I assigned a button to duplicate A/B and B/A as two seperat in functions assigned to the same button, however it only duplicates one deck. Do i need a modifier or is there something else I am missing? Has anyone got a screenshot of how to set this up?
    you might need a third deck to do this. don't forget to match EQs when swapping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast