DJtechtools tweet " synching traktor and ableton", is there a tutorial for pc's?

Default DJtechtools tweet " synching traktor and ableton", is there a tutorial for pc's?

The tutorial is great! is your a mac user....and you don't have a s4... I was wondering if anyone else has written any tutorials based upon the pc s4 users?

Not based on S4, but there is one article that can be used for Traktor/Ableton/PC

(SmartMixing by Bento)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

uggh do i have to do everything around here?

*sighs*

give me a few days, ill figure it out, write a tutorial, and upload a video.

ahh dubspot video.

yeah ill figure it out. as far as i know, you just need midi yoke.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    uggh do i have to do everything around here?

*sighs*

give me a few days, ill figure it out, write a tutorial, and upload a video.

ahh dubspot video.

yeah ill figure it out. as far as i know, you just need midi yoke.
    you know, i'm going to call you out on it and I better see it in a few days.

Seems to be, either have an audio 8 and run a loop on your audio 8.

Take a midi cord on the midi out, and loop it over to midi in.

Set a Generic Midi that you create in Traktor to the Audio 8's out port.

Same instructions as the dubspot vid for the in port inside Abletons preferences.

Or, you have to use Midi Yoke...

I was just doing experimentation with Midi Yoke, as I didn't feel like going into the other room with the Audio 8.... lol

In pretty short order I had a track running in Traktor, and launched a clip in Ableton that was sync-locked to it perfectly...

After about 5 min of playback both programs abruptly crashed...

I'm thinking it was because I was using my laptops internal sound card (one stereo output) for both traktors master (inter mix mode) and Ableton....

and they didn't like using the same sandbox together...

I'm thinking using the audio 8 and separate audio channels for each program might remedy this, I will have to look into it.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Wizard

I've just spent this morning doing just this. My setup is through my Korg Zero 4, and I use this to do the audio routing. I tried to introduce the Virtual audio cable as detailed in the latest you tube clips.....that’s just plain nasty though, latency issues ahoy! and to be honest all I’m wanting to do is route Traktor’s audio through stutter edit in Live.

Long and short, I've kept the 2 systems separate, still on the same PC, but I've mapped the audio for Live to chans 1 & 4, Traktor to 2 & 3 and let the mixer take up the strain of the master midi timing, Live and Traktor slave to this, all thats left is for my nimble fingers do the rest

Essentially this allows me to setup 2 banks of clips in live to overlay on top of a traditional 2 track mix in Traktor. I can post the ALS and TSI files if you want a look.

Midi Yoke is worth a play about with, I set Midi Yoke Out 2 in Traktor to send my master clock and received it ok in live, I did have to play about with the latency settings in Live to get them matched. I also notice some audio degradation on stutter edit when both were systems were sync'd. Not sure what this is about. I get a feeling that the audio settings in terms of buffer size for my mixer was different for Live and Traktor. Jury’s out......I got itchy fingers and ditched the setup for a mix....as you do

I can detail it step by step if you want. I get a feeling though I have an easier job than most having the zero 4 with the audio 8 on-board.

We need something like The Bridge, take some of the pain out of the whole thing....the ability to drop VST's in would be freekin superb also, might get my life back sometime soon lol

Jinj