What would you do? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    why does everyone whinge about the size of the s4? i finally dragged my arse into the city today and checked one out for the first time. it's not some giant piece of kit, if anything other controllers are too small. for example, all the new denon controllers are WAY smaller than i expected! most controllers on the market i feel are too cramped, i found the vci to be too small.
    I think is a little bit oversized (for me) to fit in the same bag as the Laptop, and to put it on the top of a Technics 1200 (is where i put my controller when i play in a bar)

i didn't think the build quality of the s4 to be as bad as everyone made it out to be either. knobs, faders, buttons etc all felt as they should i thought. everyone has a different expectation and opinion on things tho i guess.
    Not bad, but for sure not the same build quality of an Akai APC40 or a Pioneer DDJ-T1

IMHO

Controller: Reloop Digital Jockey Master Edition
    Laptop: Acer Travelmate 4101 Wlmi (WinXP)
    Dj Software: Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rasti Datajay View Post
    I think is a little bit oversized (for me) to fit in the same bag as the Laptop, and to put it on the top of a Technics 1200 (is where i put my controller when i play in a bar)

Not bad, but for sure not the same build quality of an Akai APC40 or a Pioneer DDJ-T1

IMHO
    mm.. yeah like i said in my previous post, i think we all have our own expectations and opinions of gear.

that's the beauty of being digital dj's too, we can mix and match all sorts of and combinations of gear to suit our tastes and situations. im sure that if i had to play in a small boothes everywhere or have to transport an s4 without a car i would probably change my opinion on it

mm.. yeah like i said in my previous post, i think we all have our own expectations and opinions of gear.

that's the beauty of being digital dj's too, we can mix and match all sorts of and combinations of gear to suit our tastes and situations. im sure that if i had to play in a small boothes everywhere or have to transport an s4 without a car i would probably change my opinion on it
    Youre right. For sure we are not in that time when we could only compare analog mixers and turntables..
    Anyway i dont want to be misunderstood. i LIKE the S4, but i dont like its price .
    But this is normal when you are an early adopter of equipment. Probably in a year or so, it will be priced @2/3 than now and i will feel less guilty paying that..

Youre right. For sure we are not in that time when we could only compare analog mixers and turntables..
    Anyway i dont want to be misunderstood. i LIKE the S4, but i dont like its price .
    But this is normal when you are an early adopter of equipment. Probably in a year or so, it will be priced @2/3 than now and i will feel less guilty paying that..
    it IS expensive, but you've got to remember that it has an inbuilt soundcard, and comes with a full version of Traktor.

after finally laying my hands on one, i know what my next purchase is going to be

I went from a VCI100 no addons to the S4 and it was like going from 4th grade straight to College. Good I have the main concepts down and I just need to learn the need stuff which is quite a lot.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Bought mine use for $700 and re-registration was painless. That S4 is a fucking beast.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

it IS i know what my next purchase is going to be
    Probably my next too !! But when a new "flagship" NI controller arrives and the price on the S4 drops...
    Ah ! And i will keep my Reloop as a backup and to custom map it to controll the C and D decks..

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    Bought mine use for $700 and re-registration was painless. That S4 is a fucking beast.
    Good trick !! A lot of Djs fail on their attempt to move to digital and return to Cdjs selling an almost new controller.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234