Pioneer S1 and T1 compare vid
    Tech Guru

Default Pioneer S1 and T1 compare vid

these things little pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6MbRFI1yXAs
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

nothing little about them. The S4 is bulky, but these units are massive! can't even imagine someone would buy one of these thinking they can tag them along to a club.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Guru

The NS6 is similar size, but gives better functionality than both of them. I really like it has a real mixer inside ...

it would also be a good unit for Torq control with DVS ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUhRbnNeVpk

Damn, and I thought the S4 was considered big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7mkW...eature=related

Tech Guru

I know quite a few lounges where guys take their own gear..and most of the time folks bring in two CDJ's and a DJM-800 (ive also seen a few NS7's). In that case, bringing one of these would be great. i love the S4 --- but really this is the closest thing/controller out there to two CDJ's and Mixer and that in generally is what is used mostly in the "industry"

I think they are bad ass. But I like most, I probably wouldn't get one.

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I know quite a few lounges where guys take their own gear..and most of the time folks bring in two CDJ's and a DJM-800 (ive also seen a few NS7's). In that case, bringing one of these would be great. i love the S4 --- but really this is the closest thing/controller out there to two CDJ's and Mixer and that in generally is what is used mostly in the "industry"

I think they are bad ass. But I like most, I probably wouldn't get one.
    The only problem is that when people discuss the S4, they aren't talking bout being close to the industry standard - they are more focused on the booth space - as in worrying about the CDJs / 1200s that are already there and finding room to place their S4.

So if there is already equipment laid out in the booth, you're screwed if you have one of these things (as far as I can tell).

Tech Guru

Yeah I agree ---- but there's a huge market of DJ's that don't play in clubs, or places that have dedicated boths, or places that have booths and are empty. In Miami tons of hot spot restaurant have DJ's that play late at night and those guys bring in their gear at many places.

Also realize that until the NS7 came out, most "midi controllers" were seen as toys and many still are. Only in the last year have we had the S4, Xone DX, Pioneer units, etc. Having these out is a REALLY good thing for this market.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Damn, and I thought the S4 was considered big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7mkW...eature=related
    cool and all, but the best part was hearing nero- this way for the first time in too long
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.