Removing Traktor tags from mp3s?

Default Removing Traktor tags from mp3s?

Okay so I figured out that the traktor tag data (and especially the bpm) are creating a bug with Denon's Music Manager; when I use it to analyze tracks that were previously analyzed by Traktor, for some reasons the bpms get all rounded up; so instead of getting 128.6 I get 128. Which is HIGHLY annoying when mixing and can throw you off while mixing on the denon turntables sometimes if you are not careful.

I tested it with 'fresh' tracks; so i know its not some strange problem that the denon music manager developped due to a corrupted database or anything. A fresh track that was not previously analyzed by Traktor will get the right bpm, while the same track, but analyzed by traktor will get rounded.

Is there a way to completely clean up the mp3s and remove anything related to traktor out of them?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Traktor doesnt round the BPM though..?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Maybe the Denon software is rounding the traktor BPM's? Do the tracks show up as a rounded number in Traktor?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Maybe the Denon software is rounding the traktor BPM's? Do the tracks show up as a rounded number in Traktor?
    +1

Traktor does not round bpm or show as rounded (unless you are using Traktor 3 and use the 'Round Bpm' button).
    iTunes and others only show rounded bpms.

From what i can see the Denon M.M only shows 3 bpm digits anyway.

Maybe id a track is 125.7 , Denon shows it as 125 but after Traktor analyis the true bpm is written to the track as 125.7 and Denon re-reads this as 126 ???
    If so you would be better of with the second reading.

Just a guess.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was wondering if the tracks show up rounded in Traktor after being read by the Denon software. Although after thinking about it a little more I doubt that's the case.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x