reloop jockey 3 discussion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default reloop jockey 3 discussion

hey all,
    brand new to the forum, but I noticed that the upcoming reloop jockey 3 didn't have a thread of its own, so I thought I'd rectify that.
    Im predicting that this controller is gunna completely take the market by storm especially controllerists because of the massive amount of inputs on it ( 60 digital and 36 analog, yes i counted :P ). It has double the funcionality of its obvious competitor, the vci 100 mkii, INCLUDING A BUILT IN MIXER, its built like a rock, is portable, and perhaps most impressive of all, doesn't appear to be cramped and instead seems to be the most intuitive and well thought-out controller i've yet seen. Top it all off with the price of $699, ( which is amazing considering its got an EXCELLENT 3 channel sound card [2 in, 2 out plus cue out], a microphone in, a built in 2 channel mixer, AND is built like a rock....this thing is starting to sound godly. If offered the choice between this and the S4 i would easily take the jockey. Now i know that the S4 will start shipping with Traktor 2, so that will definatley give it an edge plus it two extra deck faders, but i'd still take the jockey for its build and portability.

leave comments, ideas, criticisms, theorys, etc below

thx
    Last edited by headshock1111; 02-26-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: adding pix

Tech Wizard

i just want to try it out, or have someone who knows what they're talking about discuss its actual usability. I mean anything can sound good on paper, it's how it actually performs that matters (even though I want this controller so badly)

yeah i'd love to get input from someone whos not just trying to sell it. Especially a controllerist, we're the most picky when it comes to usability :P
    I can only imagine ean will do a review of it, if not do a review before it actually comes out, he gave it best controller at NAMM which means he is excited about it too....i wonder if HE got to play with it there?
    anyway i agree that i would wait to hear feedback before buying, but honestly i dont see what is possibly wrong with it

Tech Wizard

right? i like the look of it alot, but the buttons are my biggest gripe if i had to choose one

yeah, im not crazy about how the cue buttons are behind the jog wheels. I mean i know their the flattest on the market, but still....
    I think that i would switch the transport controls with the cue juggle controls in the mapping, i wouldn't mind having the play/syncc buttons and such tucked back there, but id like the cue buttons to be more comfortably accessable.
    im wondering about an arcade button mod, id use transparent red ones to match the colour scheme, and just tuck the original LED under each one.

Tech Wizard

you think the buttons would fit? that would be sick. i would prob just use a midfighter for cues

im not sure if they would fit, but it would be nice.
    maybe you could build some kind of extender on the bottom, ive seen this done somewhere in the forum only on TOP of the controller, i just cant remember where i saw this. i have an idea that it was done to a reloop jockey 2 actually, but im not sure.
    if not, oh well, the buttons look like they would have decent feel, kinda maschiney. but im guessing ill go with a seperate cue controller in the end as well.

Tech Wizard

totally. i just think its one smidgen too small. do you feel that? like if it were just a little bit bigger it would be perfect......but thats just me.

plus like you said, a ean golden mapping would be amazing for this

ya i think it might be too small. maybe some other smaller buttons with good feel? i dunno

yupp i hope this becomes ean's new baby and the midi maps start rolling out.

Tech Wizard

it could totally be. like if there is another model it would draw more attention, but i want to buy this one so bad. i need a review!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast