Jusy Saw A DJ Use Traktor Sync Button...#Disgrace - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I use the sync button all the time. Not cus ive done enough fucking gigs on vinyl and cd to care, although i have. Not cus i dont need to prove i can mix anymore, although i dont.
    Not cus it gives me time to be creative with loops/fx etc, although i do do all that stuff.

I use sync cus its there to be used and ... i like drinking and talking with clubbers and its got fuck all to do with anyone else especially some twat on Facebook who probably doesnt even DJ to anyone.

What a tit.

i hilighted that whole post hoping to find the joke.

im kidding.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    i hilighted that whole post hoping to find the joke.

im kidding.
    lol you aint kidding... i know because i did the exact same thing
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Mentor

Why people make a big deal out of it is beyond me ... beatmatching WAS necessary because of a limitation of the hardware being used.

Bah , my head hurts.

Tech Mentor

If you are DJing with a computer, I see no reason not to sync. Why would I go through the effort of manually beatmatching when:

#1. I spent a ton of time beatgridding all of my tracks

#2. I can SEE the bpm of the next track coming even before I load the track into the deck.

It's just more work and time that I would rather put into something else while making a set.

Honestly, if somebody is djing with a computer, I better not hear a single trainwreck. With technology these days, a crowd shouldn't be subjected to trainwrecks ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    lol you aint kidding... i know because i did the exact same thing
    ctrl + A

:P
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

To be honest, I am NOT a DJ (yet) and I've just come into the scene the last few weeks, as my son and I are looking to start a new hobby together, which is DJing or rather mixing songs (for a start).

And if two discussions ever stick out like a soar thumb in the DJ scene that I've noticed, it is this one and the "vinyl vs. digital" discussions. They actually go hand in hand, as I see it.

It is also amazing the passion put into the argumentation. And you know what, nobody is wrong in the end. It is not wrong to want to use vinyl and beatmatch using the techniques needed to get it done right. Yes it takes more time, but then the people see you working turntables and they know you are doing a great job, when one song seamlessly blends into the next.

You also aren't wrong, when you use the sync button and the same thing happens. That is the goal, right? Mix two unmatched songs together and make them match in tempo and both methods get you there.

The discussions about this issue is an argumentation of view points and is totally useless. The view points will always be different, as long as people feel differently about them. There is no "right way" here. There is just the more efficient, "new school" way and there is the skilled "old school" way. Both reach the same goal. The argumentation from the one side comes from the missing "skill" in the sync button, which isn't right or wrong. Just as the argumentation from the other side is, it saves me time to do other things. Also not right or wrong. Everyone has to decide that on his or her own personal preference as a DJ. In the end, the crowd decides, if you've made the right choice and most of the time, they could care less how the songs are mixed together, they are only interested in having fun.

My son and I are going the digitalist route. Why? Because we both share a passion for computers, software and, believe it or not, we have the same taste in music. We WILL be using the sync button and I personally don't care what the vinylist thinks about it. We will have to learn a lot. Maybe one day we will also learn how to beat match on turntables. Who knows? I personally wouldn't laugh at the idea, as it IS a skill a DJ should understand. At least the understanding of what beatmatching is all about is definitely necessary and means a lot more than just pressing a button.

scamo
    Last edited by scamo; 02-28-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    ctrl + A

:P
    cmd + A

Macgot here ;D
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Who gives a flying fuck
    SC | MC

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast