Rapid Evolution 3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Trainspotter doesn't analyse key does it? I haven't tried 3 but gave up on 2 because it was horrendously unstable and got MIK.
    It will analyse keys - think you get limited detections but for donations over £5 you get a license for unlimited. It's pretty cool as it can properly tag your tunes and pick up cover art from discogs.

Same here. RE3 (and 2) keep crashing on my Wind 64 bit PC. Very annoying! Especially as I've also bought MiK and can't get that to work on it either.

Paid $60 for 2 items of software and neither work on what's now a pretty PC industry-standard Windows 64 bit based system ($60 for MiK and RE3 free). Strangely though, the free MiK 2.5 works just fine I found since the original post.

Any ideas what's actually changed from 2.5 to 4 (apart from it changing from freeware to having to pay for it)? I assume they imported some sort of Platinum Notes plugin, but anything else?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Any ideas what's actually changed from 2.5 to 4 (apart from it changing from freeware to having to pay for it)? I assume they imported some sort of Platinum Notes plugin, but anything else?
    They realised that getting Pete Tong and David Guetta to say they liked it would mean they were suddenly sitting on a gold mine
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

They realised that getting Pete Tong and David Guetta to say they liked it would mean they were suddenly sitting on a gold mine
    Now thats called smart marketing! Just like MIK and NI.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

If they'd got Q-bert to say you can scratch like a badboi on the S4, it would have sold even more quickly. There'd have been a lot of pissed of scratchers, but people would have bought it!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Trainspotter doesn't analyse key does it? I haven't tried 3 but gave up on 2 because it was horrendously unstable and got MIK.
    This was the point where I was at. (NOt yet at the buying MIK though)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

+1 for Trainspotter.
    Yes it does analyze key and does Discogs searches to fill in blanks.
    Best bit for me though is smart playlists.
    All the benefits of itunes without the bloat

Tech Mentor

cheers for the heads up, didn't realise it was out yet!
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

It's in beta, right?

Tech Wizard

Trainspotter 2 is in the wild
    Trainspotter 2 Beta has been floating around now for a good few months, thanks to everyone that has participated in the beta so far - your testing, bug reports and suggestions have been incredibly helpful and the changes that have come as a result of these will benefit everyone.

I believe the current state of version 2 is better than the current 1.x release in terms of stability and usability, so I think it’s finally time to release version 2 in to the wild. The same care should be taken with version 2 as the 1.x release, i.e. make sure you have backed up your collection and any audio files before you start, just in case - I haven’t had any reports of audio files being damaged during the beta phase or since the early days of version 1 for that matter.
    Good work Gary

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast