Reloop Jockey 3 Mods

Default Reloop Jockey 3 Mods

hey guys,
    I think this cntroller is gunna be a vci 100 mkii killer and started a thread on it, but it was closed coz i didnt see that there was another thread dedicated to general Jockey 3 discussion, so I thought I'd make one on the part that actually interests me, MODS.
    I definatley would want to swap the cue juggle section for the transport section either via the mapping or the actual buttons (they appear to be the same size) but if the buttons aren't very good for juggling, other mods would be needed.
    Ive tried to figure out how to do several, ie arcade button stuff, but there just doesnt seem to be enough room to do much. Iv'e seen previous mods done to the jockey 2 on the forums

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...loop#post69055

that used an extension box to make extra room, perhaps something similar could be done
    ive also thought about using arcde buttons like this

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/gr...ularsmall2.jpg

that would allow enough room

or having buttons on the side kinda pinball-style

those are some of my ideas, lemme hear some of your's.

Tech Mentor

I have recently finished the arcade mod in my RDJ 1, using Seimitsu PS-15 buttons. I had to increase the hole diameter and severly ply the connectors, but these were the only buttons that remotely fitted my casing - not sure what the dimensions of that RDJ 3 are though.

Result:

Edit: forgot about the now increased size of the jog wheels, the PS-15's are almost certainly gonna be a no-go now (I barely had any margin left with my mod), and the PS-15's are the only buttons which are shallow enough - unless they changed the depth in the RDJ3.
    Last edited by StephanV; 02-27-2011 at 01:42 PM.

yeah, thats what i thought, smaller buttons would have to be used like the ones that i showed, it would be really nice to have an extension along the whole bottom, but it would be hard to do with out making it flimsy.
    you might as well go all out and make two rows of buttons on each side, kinda like two halves of a midi figher
    but this already a pretty squarish controller and any extension at the bottom would make it an almost perfect square, nothing actually wrong with that, just kinda weird

Tech Mentor

You can't just add buttons, every button has to replace another one - unless you start adding extra MIDI brains which would turn this into a mod of a whole other level.

The button you showed is very deep, pretty sure that won't fit, and as I said before I'm pretty sure you won't find any you can use without extending the casing.

yeah i know, the extra four per side would share a joint connection with the cue juggle buttons

you think it is too deep? damn, well ill keep looking.