Replacement Jogwheel Platters
    Tech Wizard

Default Replacement Jogwheel Platters

Hey guys, I bought a used VCI100 a few months ago online. Everything has been great, except that the previous user had overtightened the metal touch surface disks to the clear plastic platters. The holes are now either cracked or stripped so the metal disk keeps coming loose- making my jog unresponsive to touch. The problem seems to be getting worse and happening quicker as time goes on. Anyone know where I can buy some replacements? I already emailed the store, figuring they may have some due to the refurb program, but no dice there. Thanks
    Macbook Pro i7 || Kontrol S4 || Akai LPD8 || Midifighter Classic || Traktor Pro 2

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You're talking about the clear disc correct? Go to an auto parts store and get some plastic repair putty.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/CarGo-16502-QuikSteel-Plastic-Repair/dp/B0013K01TQ"]Amazon.com: CarGo 16502 QuikSteel Plastic Repair Epoxy Putty - 2 oz.: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RajCxubQL.@@AMEPARAM@@51RajCxubQL[/ame]

Fill the hole and any cracks in completely and let it cure at least overnight. Then you'll be able to drill new holes through the cured putty. Not 100% sure this'll work, but it's worth a try.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Great idea! I thought about something like this, but wasn't sure if they made a specific product for it. I'll have to give it a whirl- even if it's not perfect, it's better than an unresponsive jog
    Macbook Pro i7 || Kontrol S4 || Akai LPD8 || Midifighter Classic || Traktor Pro 2

Or.....

Vestax Jog Wheels

Strangely, I only spotted these yesterday and thought to myself "how come someone would want two random jog wheels"....

I know it says ships to UK, but worth asking if you cover the postage to the States.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.