mdedm presents i □ ____step, vol. 1

Thumbs up mdedm presents i □ ____step, vol. 1 (my first recorded mix)

320kbps/48000Hz/143mb

1 (00:00) -- Benny Benassi - Satisfaction (J.Rabbit Dubstep Remix)
    2 (03:10) -- Zeds Dead & Omar LinX - Out For Blood
    3 (08:12) -- Daladubz - Pink Elephants (VIP)
    4 (11:22) -- Cassius - I <3 U So (Trowa Remix)
    5 (15:56) -- X & Hell - Jump The Gun (Jakwob Remix)
    6 (19:57) -- Flux Pavilion - I Can't Stop
    7 (25:00) -- Jessie J - Do It Like A Dude (Kasket Dubstep Remix)
    8 (30:22) -- Glitch Mob - Drive It Like You Stole It (Trowa Remix)
    9 (35:12) -- InContext - Just Believe (Kidnap & Ransom Remix)
    10 (41:16) -- Feed Me feat. Tasha Baxter - Cloudburn
    11 (46:13) -- Chase & Status - Blind Faith (Trolley Snatcha Remix)
    12 (51:11) -- Benny Benassi feat. Gary Go - Cinema (Skrillex Remix)
    13 (56:05) -- 12th Planet & Juakali - Reasons (Doctor P Remix)
    14 (58:49) -- Flux Pavillion - Bass Cannon [Unreleased]

this mix was recorded in Traktor Pro on a PC running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, controlled by the DJ-Tech iMix Reload, a second-gen Midifighter with the instant gratification map, and an Akaki LPD8.
    Last edited by mattcheau; 03-01-2011 at 11:03 PM.

would anybody mind sharing their ideas about how new (or old) the music in a mix should be? is the goal to find the latest and greatest? should DJs stick only to tried and true anthems? or should DJs mix it up and try to strike a perfect balance between the cutting edge and the classic?

p.s. bump

I think music wise what you have here is a great balance. I don't discriminate between release dates because there is a huge amount of great music that was made before I was really into house/dubstep/trance. For me, any time is great as long is the music is equally great. The mix is also nice, I'm more of a fan of mixing close to the drops to keep the listener on their toes, which you do a couple of times in this mix, so I like that. In terms of dubstep, I'm more of a fan of completely original dubstep, or dubstep that isn't completely reliant on samples/other songs to remix, and I think that every song in this mix besides two are remixes, but hey, I don't represent most people with my musical tastes.

i agree with you that the mix is not as "on-your-toes-edgy" as it could be. but the thing i wanted to do a little differently was play as much of each track as i could without getting too, too boring, because my goal is to share and introduce the music to my friends. not that many people are big fans of EDM in my region, so most people i know are fairly unfamiliar with dubstep (aren't we all?). but following that, the sample-reliant dubstep is naturally more catchy to anybody new to it. as i make more mixes, i'll try to be more "true" to the genre and make them more "mixed" than just playing each track back-to-back. but hey, thanks for the reply. i really appreciate the feedback.
    Last edited by mattcheau; 03-03-2011 at 02:24 AM.