Do you have talent? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJ5DollaHolla View Post
    ben, ctr + a, then hit quote you missed a period

....AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

the lines dont end in the same spot! thats driving me crazy! please lets not make this the most recent page! the OCD is kicking in!

Last edited by b3nz0n8; 03-01-2011 at 11:33 PM.
    ------=== ===------

ben are you quoting me? thats a random quote to grab lol
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I'll bite.

I suppose it depends on the listener's point of view, whether it be someone in a club enjoying a live set, or a fellow DJ enjoying a mix of his pal's. It works the same as right or wrong, it depends on your view. Clearly, some specify criteria that define a talented DJ, and some have their own definitions. Thats what I think, it could be different and there may be some specific rule that says that talented DJ's do not use the sync button or the like. Either way, I gauge another DJ's talent based on their mix complexity, how well their transitions flow, and the energy of the mix as a whole (meaning, does it make the majority of the crowd want to dance? Or are they not feeling it), you can pull out all the banging tracks you want, but if you don't have a mix that flows well and has a rising or constant energy level, then I'd assume that you're not talented.

There's my 2 cents. Obviously, someone is going to say something that disagrees with this, but it just proves my point that it is all perspective.

Tech Guru

goofy threads deserve to be derailed. it's the law.

i'm sorry...here i'll try to be more serious:

go to a Z-Trip show. then ask your grandma to play a dj set for you.

take out a sheet of paper and divide it into 4 sections.
    Z-Trip - Pros & Cons
    then
    Grandma - Pros & Cons

carefully analyze the subtle differences in Z-Trip's mixing and your grandma's mixing. what stands out to you? carefully fill out the pros and cons list accordingly. afterwards tally up the scores and that should give you a reasonably good assessment.

it should look something like this:

Z-Trip
    Pros: Plays cool music, Does those wikky wikky wa sounds with the records, Makes those mash-ups like on Glee, sweet t-shirt, says "big ups" on the mic.

Cons: Not grandma, has never made me cookies.

Grandma:
    Pros: is Grandma and has made me cookies, plays really old or "retro/vintage" music, does those wikky wikky wa sounds with her slippers when she walks, makes those mash-ups with potatoes like for supper, christmas sweater, says "speak up" when you talk quietly.

Cons: Can't beatmatch without Sync button.

Tech Wizard

duerr stop being a bully you small man..

i think we already know the question to this, i'm also just curious how people respond what users are thinking and their contributions..

you would certainly need to know talent to write anything decent i think - which
    almost answers the question.

Last edited by digiman08; 03-02-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by digiman08 View Post

we just wanted to know what separates the lightweights from the heavyweights..
    you'd definitely need to know talent to have something decent to add.. but clearly
    not..

Talent is unquantifiable and unknowable. Talent is an inherent characteristic, and there's nothing you can learn that will make you more talented.

If what you really want to be asking is how can I be as awesome as that dude on the big strobe lit stage in Ibiza, then I dno, practice like hell and market yourself.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The more red lights on your mixer the more talent you have!!
    Nice, I'm surely gonna replace those wrongly-colored green LEDs then
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Little known fact, if you replace the red LEDs on a VU meter with green ones it's totally impossible to distort the output. Truth.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's no real way anybody could possibly answer the question so that's why the thread has gotten so sidetracked. Lets keep it polite though and not start calling people names please.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by digiman08 View Post

i think we already know the question to this, i'm also just curious how people respond what users are thinking and their contributions..

you would certainly need to know talent to write anything decent i think - which
    almost answers the question.

lol.

aww someone doesn't want to make their pros & cons list....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast