Custom Midi Fighter Questions

Default Custom Midi Fighter Questions

Im thinking about buying a custom midi fighter. In the video he showed us different versions of the custom midi fighters that all did different things. The pictures on the custom midi fighter page had all of the same color combinations that the regular MF had for Eans traktor pro mapping.

Is there a benefit to spending the extra 300 bucks for a custom midi fighter?What are the main differences between the custom one and the regular? What do the faders and knobs do? If someone could answer this for me than that would be great because I'm a noob and dont have a clue.

Thanks!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The do whatever you map them to. Lots and lots of possibilities.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

so i would have to mapp it myself? isnt that like really hard and tedious to do???

The more you do it the easier it gets, kind of like tattoos.
    Chris Jennings FHP

so just to clarify, none of theses controllers come premapped?

Quote Originally Posted by mdecasperis95 View Post
    so just to clarify, none of theses controllers come premapped?
    You can get the regular MIDI-Fighter mapping from the forums. However, the beauty of a midi-fighter / custom midi-fighter is that you can map it to whatever is best for your needs. It's possibilities are simply limited by your imagination. For the custom midi-fighter mapping (depending on which one you want) I believe you can just contact the DJTT store and Ean or one of the guys will be more then happy to help you out with it - as you are spending close to $500.

You have to load a mapping for almost every midi controller out there except for things like the X1, S4 an other stuff that's Natively supported (pun intended). In some cases people will create a mapping for others to use in other cases you'll have to create your own. It's not really that hard once you get started. Unless you try to create a DJTT type mapping, that stuff's like mad genius, next level sh*t!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

That's my one problem with the DJTT mappings - they're too damn good! Very hard to make a change to something like the VCI-100SE mapping without doing some serious research on how the modifiers work first.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES