[ANALOG MIXER] adding external VCF filter

Default [ANALOG MIXER] adding external VCF filter

Hey guys,

just bought an Ecler Nuo 4.0 (took advantage of the price drop.....), but after having owned a Xone before this on i now find myself without that great HP/LP filter i loved so much!

How would you get around with that? I know the A&H makes a great external unit but it cost too much plus its not portable, I use Traktor but the xone filter does not sound like the analog one obviously.... are there any simple external VCF filters on the market? Like the Korgs but analog?

Thanks for any replys!!!!

Tech Student

I am in the exact same situation as this!

It's crazy that this issue hasn't been brought up more often . . . in order to use two good sounding VCF filters you have to spend a grand on an xone 92 . . . when one virtually identical filter is available on the xone 22, which costs only £250.

Someone on another forum linked me to this:
    http://www.vermona.com/index.php/en_acf2plus.html

Looks good, but it could only work for one stereo channel, so if I wanted to filter two tracks I'd need to spend about £550 on these, then say $400 on a mixer . . . just as well getting a 92.

What I really want is a detailed photo of an A&H mixer so I could find out what the VCFs are made of, and make my own.