[OT] Miami WMC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OT] Miami WMC

Tech Wizard

Default [OT] Miami WMC

Going to the WMC for the first time this year and I'm a little overwhelmed with all that is going on. So much to see and I don't know where to start. What do you all think are some of the MUST SEE events this year? I'll be there from the 10th to the 13th.

Sorry I'm no help but I'm insanely jealous!! Hope you have a great time man.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Padawan -
    WMC is pretty fun, lots to do. I have been going 5 years straight.

the unforntunate thing is that the separated WMC and Ultra. So its a split Venue now, buy like 2 weeks. so alot of of EURO talent will still be a the normal end of the month. as WMC is usually the last weekend of March, they moved it up by two weeks, so it will mostly be domestic DJ's, which is ok. but love some of the guys from over the pond that I will miss this year. so I am going to hopefully keep an open mind and discover some domestice talents.

The best thing to do is to browse "the List" found on the WMC page.

During the day the pools parties are the best, Shelborne Hotel, Surfcomber. etc.

at night you want to visit "want tickets" to see what big names are playing a mansion, Krobar, B.E.D, Kara & Y Etc. there are usually great talents and HUGE parties at all of these, its best to book one of these in advance, since you will save $$ then paying at the door.;

Dont pre -book to much though, you wanna kind of go with "go with the flow" the first year to get a feel of what you like.

Let me ask you this, what do you like to listen too? Genre wise I mean, I can point you to a few must see's

the great thing, during WMC Miami goes off and everyplace you walk into is playing some genre of house,. so where ever you end up there is usually music in the background, even the seediest of resturants bars have local talent etc.;

the Surfcomber closing party om sunday (daytime) is usually a highlight.

I am pissed to be missing Sander Kleinenberg at Shine this year for the CLosing party.

Hope this helps

Tech Guru

^ this right here nailed it. I'm from Miami....and have been away from home for some time and get back on Monday!!! WOO HOO. WMC here I come. During the day those are must attend pool parties. They get rowdy and fun. Nikki Beach is another day event that is good.

Night time -- same as above and then there's always Space with is king of all Zoo's.

Have a blast man.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

So far the plan is to hit Nikki beach that first day. Pool party from 12-5am, AWESOME! Friday I think is going to be Space, Saturday is still up in the air. I was looking at the boat cruise for Saturday day but I'm not really familiar with the DJs and I don't really want to be stuck on a boat if it turns out to be a sausage fest or I don't like the music.

I'm into just about all genres of electronic music but some of my favorite DJs are Sander Klienenberg (I'm pissed I'll be missing him too) Marco V (Plays Friday but is sold out ), James Zabiela, etc...

I'd like to lock down the must see events and play everything else by ear.

Sounds like you gotta a good plan.

yeah, I thought about doing a cruise, Sander does one every year, but his on March 24th. His I would DEF participate in, I met a girl last year that went. she was smoking hot and her and some friends went and it was insane,. but like you said, I think it will depend on who the main act's are.

i wish i could have gone..;-(
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

You picked the wrong year to go to WMC.. Shoulda went for Ultra week, that is when all annual the big parties are going down...

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    You picked the wrong year to go to WMC.. Shoulda went for Ultra week, that is when all annual the big parties are going down...
    This! I'm turning 20 shortly after I get home - so I'm not hitting any parties, but this is my first Ultra!

T - 13 days!
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

Tech Mentor

I wanted to go for one reason, Markus Schulz at Space tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast