DJ Internship

Thread: DJ Internship

Default DJ Internship

I have the opportunity to intern for DJ Tittsworth this summer, something that I have been trying to land since Ean Golden posted the article about "How to Become a Successful DJ" a year ago. After talking to him several times, he asked me to bring to the table ideas for thing the internship should entail. I was wondering if anyone in the DJTT community has done a similar internship for a DJ and what it is they did. I'm willing to anything from coat check at the club he owns to filling DJ spots that are empty. I don't want to ask for too much, but I also want to make the most of this golden opportunity.

Congrats.

That is crazy man. I can't offer any suggestions as to what it should entail, however I congratulate you sir!

This is pretty much the e-mail I sent:

Hey, this is Jelani Yorker and I’ve given some thought to what the summer internship that I’m seeking could entail. What I am really looking for is any opportunity to have more performance experience, but I understand that there are DJs with a greater following already on hand. I am willing to do anything from coat check at U Street Music Hall to filling any last minute warm up spots. I just need to get my foot into the door of the music environments I highly respect, and be able to stop having to find gigs that I feel awful about. I know that you are a busy man so I hope I am not asking for too much, but I want to make the most out of this opportunity. I’m heading back to Michigan for college on Sunday so we might not be able to talk in person, but I hope to hear from you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by killerfanatics View Post
    congrats.
    + 1! :d
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    This is pretty much the e-mail I sent:

Hey, this is Jelani Yorker and I’ve given some thought to what the summer internship that I’m seeking could entail. What I am really looking for is any opportunity to have more performance experience, but I understand that there are DJs with a greater following already on hand. I am willing to do anything from coat check at U Street Music Hall to filling any last minute warm up spots. I just need to get my foot into the door of the music environments I highly respect, and be able to stop having to find gigs that I feel awful about. I know that you are a busy man so I hope I am not asking for too much, but I want to make the most out of this opportunity. I’m heading back to Michigan for college on Sunday so we might not be able to talk in person, but I hope to hear from you soon.
    Yeah, congrats!
    other than what you mentioned, there really isnt anything a DJ Intern could do on a regular basis that I can think of.
    Either way, the point is that if you just hang around him he'll eventually find something for you to do.
    it IS all just about getting your foot in the door. and KEEP PRACTICING meanwhile too
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

What about interacting with fans (maybe talking to people for feedback or whatever)? Also, learning the DJ promotion side could be good. You could help with some of the social media stuff or something.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds