iPad2 looks better for music production...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default iPad2 looks better for music production...

Comes with its own version of Garage band, which for 'on the go' looks pretty damn decent, especially the 'playable' instruments/drums!

iPad2 for music

It will be interesting to see what other developers come up with dont you think?

i'm damn tempted to jump on the ipad bandwagon at this point...

im pretty sure its just a software update and the 1st gen iPad will have it too.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

...and faster processor etc, which will make the world of difference regarding audio.

Sure its not like they've rebuilt it for music, but they are showing what it is capable of with Garage Band, else why didn't they have it for version 1.

i really dont fell like getting into a internet war...we will see on march 12 what happens/
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Banned

Didn't even realize there was an iPad2 coming out

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

if they manage to have decent external soundcards working i would consider it, otherwise it's just an OSC controller in my eyes.

Tech Guru

Personally, touchOSC turns the iPad into a JM Lemur, sure the latency isn't as quick but it's damn near to none with a good setup.

But Android also has it's equivalents (and TouchOSC as well, just not as advanced) so, I dunno. Balls to the iPad.

I have an Ipad, but the new Ipad coming out is tempting.
    Christine at PuddlesCollection.com, a leading special occasion wear retailer for girls party dresses and boys suits.

Worthless until they have Massive. The price for garage band will make it something fun to screw around with however. Anybody serious about making music will still need a full desktop.

They definitely have a leg up on android in the music department. It wasn't until 2.3 Gingerbread that the API can really handle serious music apps. Since there aren't as many devices running on 2.3 it will be a while until developers will try to take advantage of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast