faaaar from finish dubstep

Default faaaar from finish dubstep

hey guys im working on something. ill not be able to rework it for a bit so i jump on the occasion for showing it. like that ill be able to rework it with a certain point of view

dont mind about 2nd drop build up.
    its stop after my breakdown.
    synth critism a more than welcomed.
    feeedback apppecied on everything. ho! and my first drop and intro is pretty much done so you can bitch it :P
    vocals come from the movie ''full metal jacket''

A Random Audiophile
    Insta:dotmoiny

Tech Guru

YAAH OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!

Right, you almost got the 2-step pattern right this time, so, props on that.

Now the bad part.

You mentioned putting a drop for people to bitch at... Why? If you want to make music to piss people off, get into punk music or Justin Beiber. But I don't know where that drop is because... There is no drop. There's what I think are two attempts at a drop, but you completely avoided any kind of bass output, you know, the YANG of dubstep, with the 2-step being the YIN naturally.

So, like the last thing you uploaded, this isn't dubstep either. It's closer to dubstep, but it needs a nice snare. Currently it sounds like weird german techno stuff.

Also, FMJ samples are to dubstep what a vagina is to a hooker. Overused and overworked. Try niche films, kids films. You're literally looking for one golden line that sounds completely out of context to make your drop that much much sweeter.

Here, watch this tutorial on making sub rape bass. It can be done with any synth, so don't worry if you don't use reason (which I highly doubt you do), so your next dub step has no excuse not to have ground shaking bass.

and this is a tutorial from drums

And you want a blinder of a quote? Use the last one of these, from the film freefall.

So yeah, at least you're in time this way.

thanks for the help. i dont use reason my main synth is Massive and my DAW is Live 8/Logic Pro 8. normally i combine the sub bass into my wobble bass synth so its all in one synth.... i tried to do it separetely but i found it hard to fit it with my wobbles even with the same LFO settings... im kind of lost on this. bout bitching i think you know what i mean. i know im begging so i know my stuff needs work. my drums kind a look like that video but i got more snares and no hats. i created my snare with the help of a dubspot video also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

Also, FMJ samples are to dubstep what a vagina is to a hooker.
    lol :P. i still like this idea but i think its not my main problem. I understand what u mean, its to out theme.

I would just like you to explain bout your shaking bass for deeply cause im confuse on this. How am I suppose to arrenge it into my DAW and how do i use it.... if you know a site where i can dwl a finished dubstep DAW project dont hesitate.

Also, whats you think about my wobbles synth?

Thanks alot for help me on my course.

PS: When you started producing and what do you produce?
    A Random Audiophile

Tech Guru

I started producing when I was about 15, which was 6 years ago, and I produce music of all kinds, I play instruments, in bands, as a session musician, etc. Music is a big part of my life.

The shaky bass thing, basically you want to copy your bass pattern into another track, (for example another instance of massive) and create a basic 3 oscillator sin wave with a low pass filter. In fact, just follow all the steps he says in that but just adapt them to Massive instead of Thor.

Then turn that wobble sound you have off or EQ the shit out of it, because it's too in your face.

When he says "You don't scare me, work on it" cut every thing out behind it so only that sounds, then when it comes back in with your new BASS wobble, change the drum beat.

If your wobbles don't fit even with an LFO sync then you might have accidentally moved the LFO wave or shape. Just be careful with that, it's surprising how much damage a little nudge can do. There's no reason your wobbles shouldn't be in sync if Massive says so. It's also possible the different patches just don#t work together, so your wobbles sound like shit even if they're tighter than a gnat's chuff.

I'll be back with my track

im pretty busy those times cuz of my studies -_- but i took half an hour anyway.

i reduced my wobble lowrange
    and created that new track for subbass w/ 3 sine wave oct i copy my LFO rate pattern and my wave change pattern over it sound pretty crappy now but i'll take a closer look when i'll have more time.
    Last edited by WhiteApple; 03-03-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    A Random Audiophile

here where i am now... its was pretty hard to get that shaking effect sync w/ my beat i finally found a way. I also highpass my wobble so my shaking effect isnt crappy and i removed some vocs. i'll work on drums when ill have some time. im still asking myself lots of question on it. didnt my wobbles too complex? do they sound good over time...-_-
    wut u think about it now?

A Random Audiophile

up to date

finished

Last edited by WhiteApple; 03-08-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    A Random Audiophile