Guitar Center mislabed a used Xone 4d ad and wouldn't let me buy it for that price.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Guitar Center mislabed a used Xone 4d ad and wouldn't let me buy it for that price.

    So last night I'm surfing the web at 1am and on whim I decided to check out Guitar Centers Used Gear section. I discover an add for "USED A&H XONE2D MIXER" for $499. Now that's not that great of a price. BUT the picture that they had for it was of a Xone 4d!

    So the next morning I print out the ad and also the enlarged mixer picture and I head to GC. When I get to the desk I hand the guy the papers and tell him I'm here to buy that mixer. He goes off and a few minutes later returns with the Xone 4d after giving him my info and stuff he rings it up and its $1899 or something. I ask him is that price right? He looks at the paper I gave him the says just a second. A few minutes later he shows me a xone 2d and says thats what the ad is for and that the picture was a mistake because he was on vacation and someone was filling in on listing the used gear. He said he was going to fix the picture later. They wouldn't honor the price saying "if its to good to be true......."

    I didn't want to be know as "that guy" so I dropped it and left. But they didn't even offer like 10% off coupon for my troubles. Does DJTT think I should have pushed the issue more and tried to get that Xone 4d?
    http://www.numark.com/images/logo.gif

  2. #2
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    8,957

    Default

    You dont have a leg to stand on im afraid. Well not in the UK anyway.
    Any price tag or any point of sale is an "invitation to buy" it is not a binding contract in anyway.

    If someone accidently put 100 on a Ferrari when it was meant to say 100,000 it means jack shit.

    Accidents happen and retailers are covered.

    Of course im no lawyer but im sure someone who is will be right along very soon to tell me im wrong ;-)

  3. #3
    Tech Guru josh@firestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You dont have a leg to stand on im afraid. Well not in the UK anyway.
    Any price tag or any point of sale is an "invitation to buy" it is not a binding contract in anyway.

    If someone accidently put 100 on a Ferrari when it was meant to say 100,000 it means jack shit.

    Accidents happen and retailers are covered.

    Of course im no lawyer but im sure someone who is will be right along very soon to tell me im wrong ;-)
    pretty much the same here.. but a lot of the major chain stores here that sell electronics will price match if you can bring a catalogue or print out (has to be the exact same item tho, and they wont usually match if its an online only retailer).. some will even beat the advertised price by X%

  4. #4
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    8,957

    Default

    Yeah totally. I wouldnt buy from someone that would not price match or make some kinda deal but, no-ones gonna honour a A&H 4D for $499, no way.

    That assistant would have been paying for that out of his wages for a long time hahaha (although probably not but you get my drift)

  5. #5
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    648

    Default

    It happens. Recently Amazon had some PS3's listed for a really cheap, like $40. But they just mis labeled the products and refused to sell them as the low price.

    I wish I would have seen your face though. I bet you jizzed yourself when you saw it too! "My browsing skills are amazing, king shit!" Hahaha!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    I wish I would have seen your face though. I bet you jizzed yourself when you saw it too! "My browsing skills are amazing, king shit!" Hahaha!
    Pretty much. It was probably same face I had when he came back with the actually xone 4d and set it on the register.
    http://www.numark.com/images/logo.gif

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You dont have a leg to stand on im afraid. Well not in the UK anyway.
    Any price tag or any point of sale is an "invitation to buy" it is not a binding contract in anyway.

    If someone accidently put 100 on a Ferrari when it was meant to say 100,000 it means jack shit.

    Accidents happen and retailers are covered.

    Of course im no lawyer but im sure someone who is will be right along very soon to tell me im wrong ;-)
    This is correct by with one special addition of note.
    If the error is made on an online store and they charge your credit for it (most automatic eCommerce systems will do this) they are required to honour the price as they have enter a contract by taking your money.
    There's a couple of clauses that generally allow them to get out of having to honour it but several large retailers here in Australia have been caught out and required to sell thing for a loss.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    This is correct by with one special addition of note.
    If the error is made on an online store and they charge your credit for it (most automatic eCommerce systems will do this) they are required to honour the price as they have enter a contract by taking your money.
    There's a couple of clauses that generally allow them to get out of having to honour it but several large retailers here in Australia have been caught out and required to sell thing for a loss.
    Thats where it does get interesting because when you click "buy" which I did. I expected to pay by Credit Card card but instead I was prompted for my email address, name and phone number and asked to make some comments. I did click buy and sent a message stating I was agreeing to buy it and would be there first thing in the morning to pay for it.
    Last edited by cabdoctor; 03-02-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    http://www.numark.com/images/logo.gif

  9. #9
    Tech Guru Coldfuzion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Dude it's crazy, over here people would talk to the manager and get it lol. At least in my experience!

  10. #10

    Default

    That's what got me thinking when I got in my car. "Man if I was one of those belligerent customers, I would probably have a 4d in my car right now keeping me company.
    Last edited by cabdoctor; 03-02-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    http://www.numark.com/images/logo.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •