what type of music do i like!!?? :eek:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default what type of music do i like!!?? :eek:

ok so sorry if this seems ridiculous to you...

im finding it really hard to get hold of music that i reaalllllyyyy like, and im hoping you guys can help.

im quite new to the whole house/techno/electro scene so picked up some ministry of stuff just as a starting point, and although the odd song was ok didnt really like much of it!

i love the music played in this mix http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xd25jdTm_dU and in Eans 'physical mix',so i guess my question is 'what genre is it exactly' and 'where can i discover and then get hold it'? is it just a matter of browsing beatport and itunes for hours?

cheers guys.....dont think me too strange....

Quote Originally Posted by boileroo View Post
    is it just a matter of browsing beatport and itunes for hours?
    yup

I don't remember all of Ean's mix but I guess it would be generally Electro (Neo?, old electro is a lot different). Meh, I know I can be corrected. And yes, browsing for hour is a necessity.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Definitely has an electro vibe. Itll get easier to identify genres and styles you like as you get deeper into the scene. Like stated above you're best bet is to just keep browsing.

Keep Browsing just remember there's a good chance that what you love today you'll hate tomorrow so purchase wisely .

blog house and electro mashups?

I am only playing Crack Hause from this day forward .

Quote Originally Posted by corporation View Post
    blog house and electro mashups?
    ya, or indie dance / new rave

I find internet radio stations like DI.fm a great resource personally...

Depending on my mood I have one channel or another streaming in the background while i'm about the house and if the current tune floats my boat I add it to a list of things to search for on Beatport later (the artist/song/remix info is handily displayed in your player )

There are also regular shows that are broadcast, if you hit up the forums then the setlist is often posted by the host.
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

AH! Don't say blog house, if you keep saying it people will swear it's a real genre.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast