Ebay PC Arcade Controller....

Default Ebay PC Arcade Controller....

how difficult would it to make a mapping for this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Arcade-Joyst...item3f079845b1

would I be able to just learn all the buttons? I was thinking about some how using the joy stick to control the cross fader and possibly the up fader controls in Traktor Pro. Any ideas? Suggestions

Don't A jockstick is 4 directional, 8 if you include corners. The joystick is likely a standard 8 directional stick; meaning it's left 100%, left 0%, right 100%, right 0%, etc.

I.E. It won't work.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    Don't A jockstick is 4 directional, 8 if you include corners. The joystick is likely a standard 8 directional stick; meaning it's left 100%, left 0%, right 100%, right 0%, etc.

I.E. It won't work.
    I don't know if this is necessarily true at all...most joysticks will be four directional but they won't be 100% especially if you program the axis values yourself through a midi joystick program.

but for 100 dollars don't do it...either make your own from an existing pcb or buy a midi fighter...especially don't do it for crossfaders....you could do it for effects or something.

i am by no means an expert in this arena, but i think it's more than likely impossible to use this as a MIDI controller, as is. in order to use this in that kind of capacity, it would need to have the ability to send and receive MIDI signals. MIDI being a protocol, i imagine that MIDI controllers are built with certain hardware (and thereby firmware) that enables them to send/receive these signals. i have no idea what kind of signals this video game joystick sends to a computer, but i highly doubt it's MIDI. BUT, as a possible solution, i wonder if you could open it up, gut the circuitry, and rebuild it with the circuit board from a DIY Midifighter kit?

Quote Originally Posted by mddombrowski View Post
    i am by no means an expert in this arena, but i think it's more than likely impossible to use this as a MIDI controller, as is. in order to use this in that kind of capacity, it would need to have the ability to send and receive MIDI signals. MIDI being a protocol, i imagine that MIDI controllers are built with certain hardware (and thereby firmware) that enables them to send/receive these signals. i have no idea what kind of signals this video game joystick sends to a computer, but i highly doubt it's MIDI. BUT, as a possible solution, i wonder if you could open it up, gut the circuitry, and rebuild it with the circuit board from a DIY Midifighter kit?
    He would download a program such as fergojoystick, which can interpret the signals being sent into the program, give those specific signals midi parameters then proceed to send those midi signals into a patchcable driver which could then be picked up and interpreted by traktor.

Tech Guru

DK Irv AFK?

Quote Originally Posted by M Elbert Grant View Post
    He would download a program such as fergojoystick, which can interpret the signals being sent into the program, give those specific signals midi parameters then proceed to send those midi signals into a patchcable driver which could then be picked up and interpreted by traktor.
    ooh, very cool. thanks for mentioning fergojoystick. i think i might set-up a couple game controllers that i have laying around as MIDI controllers now.

Quote Originally Posted by mddombrowski View Post
    ooh, very cool. thanks for mentioning fergojoystick. i think i might set-up a couple game controllers that i have laying around as MIDI controllers now.
    Yup iv used it. You will also need a virtual midi wirer such as maple midi.

Still trying to finish my controller.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

for anybody who's now just as curious as me. . .

How to Dj with Guitar Hero

Signal Converter Software Options