Ean, is firmware flashing reversible?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Question Ean, is firmware flashing reversible?

I've looked around the forums but can't find the answer. Is Firmware 1.2 available? Some people simply want the firmware to go from 1.1 to 1.2.

Also, can someone revert to 1.2 firmware (I'm not talking about the special startup procedure) permanently? Say in a 6 months or a year, I want to sell my vci-100 and want to sell it as close to "OEM stock" as possible, can I flash it back to 1.2 after having done the 1.3?

Any help from anyone would be appreciated, (esp. Ean)

As long as you have the 1.2 firmware you can allways change to that by going though the firmware update process again and install the 1.2 firmware instead of the 1.3 firmware.

Tech Convert

If you need firmware 1.2 I have found one here. I didn't check it but as the filename in zip says its 1.02

Why not just install 1.3 and the use the built in "switch to firmaware 1.2 feature"?

The VCI-100 is worth more with v1.3, just my 2¢
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Thanks all for the replies. It seems the firmware 1.2 is hard to find.

Bento, I don't have the 1.2, just the 1.3 installed and the original file I installed from (I don't know if there was a way to back mine up before I flashed to 1.3, but in my haste, I didn't bother looking.)

Derek, thanks for the link. I used to spend a lot of time over there @ those forums. I don't know if 1.02 is the same as 1.2.......it might be the one with the ramp up issues. Maybe Ean can answer it.

Flaekiface and JesC, Thanks for the suggestions. If I were to keep this (which I might, as I have yet to find a better midi controller) then it's cool, because I would know how to restart this under 1.2, but if I sell this (say a better program that supports midi and my non-Intel dual 2.0 Ghz comes around) I could either revert to 1.2 or sell it, but the buyer would have to be using Traktor. This narrows whom I can sell this to.

Ean, is 1.02 the same as 1.2? If not can you please post??

not sure if 1.02 is the same- you can test it for us by installing it and checking to see if the jog wheels will disable. Press both scratch/scroll buttons at once and the jogs should disable in 1.2 or above.

Yes- after installing 1.3 you can always go back later its worth noting we will be releasing a new firmware soon- and its not hard to imagine what that might include

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    Yes- after installing 1.3 you can always go back later its worth noting we will be releasing a new firmware soon- and its not hard to imagine what that might include
    *droooling lots n lots*

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    its worth noting we will be releasing a new firmware soon- and its not hard to imagine what that might include
    Are you talking about a NEW 1.4 firmware!? :eek:

You didnt hear it from me! thats top secret 1.4HR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast