Broken .tsi : [

Thread: Broken .tsi : [

Tech Guru

Default Broken .tsi : [

Hello everyone,
    Earlier today I was working on the outputs for a custom, rather complicated mapping I have made for the Hercules MP3 for TSP v1.2.7. Its about 4 months in the making and is a very long list of entries. I've used up every modifier so take the Hercules MP3 buttons and times them by about 8 as I'm trying to get every function I possibly can out of it.

So I changed a few output entries. Made a new light show for loops mode and tried the get some of the stubborn buttons to light (By stubborn I mean there are some notes that are either listed incorrect or something internally of the controller doesn't allow them to do so).

Then my controller just stopped sending midi notes, so to say. Well, it still send midi notes as the midi light shows up within Traktor. But whenever I push a button or move an encoder Traktor doesn't respond. Also I can't load a tracks into any of the decks.

So instantly I went to debugging.
    • Removed all outputs and tried.
    • Reinstalled, deleting my documents in the process. So a fresh install didn't work.
    • Made a new generic midi, reapplied the .tsi. Didn't work.
    • Deleted all the keys besides 1, just for fader volume. Didn't work!

Nothing I seemed to do worked even at a extreme level of simplicity. Its kind of mind boggling because I didn't even touch the add ins or preferences before this started happening.

What does work, if I create a new generic midi and start from a completely clean slate. But I will lose everything! All the hard, complicated, long hours spent mapping. Not even giving I will have to do it it all over again. It actually kind of frightens me to even think about it.

So I'm here hoping, hoping I'm not the first. It would save me a hell of alot of time and effort.

Thanks for the concern and effort reading all this,
    -Digi

Tech Guru

Awww forget this mess. I'm just going to suck it up and make a new mapping. But I'll keep that bad mapping to test for a solution.

There is one other thing I would like to get your opinions on.

Ok the stubborn buttons I described above. Two are used for tree list selection, but I have to reverse the dec and inc to get them to go in the correct directions. Just wondering if this is something everyone else has to do aswell and if that affects the output I would assign to them. The notes are Ch1 F2 and F#2, reversing the outputs like do with the add ins doesn't light them. The correct notes have to be in there somewhere.

Tech Guru

Has anyone else ever mapped a midi. . . lol?