[Kind of OT] Question About MPK49...

Default [Kind of OT] Question About MPK49...

So I'm looking into getting the MPK49 and I'm wondering if anyone has any previous experience with it or the MPK25/61. I know that akai products are seen as some of the best, if not the best, but as with anything, there have to be some drawbacks. Here's a link to it:

http://www.akaipro.com/mpk49

It's a pretty popular controller and was the first to use the MPC pads on a keyboard, but the only reviews I can find are really biased and don't really talk about any problems with the product besides not being able to be used with lower end software. (maybe it's a good thing that there's no shown problems.)

Either way, I just want some feedback as to any experiences with the unit, because to me it looks perfect, and when I get back to SF, I'm definitely going to try this thing out in guitar center, but for the meantime, any input?
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Never used it myself, but the people I know who have it absolutely love it.
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Nice, Thanks! I think I'm gonna try it when I get to guitar center, but I've seen a few more reviews and they are all positive besides the pads, which can be replaced/upgraded. Thanks for your input.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Tech Wizard

I tried it at GC and have to say i was quite impressed. The keys have a nice deal of resistance, but a bit too much for my liking. The only reason i picked the Axiom 61 over this was the MPK 49 was a bit more expensive and had fewer keys (I play piano and like having the extra octave).

I've owned one and it's a fantastic keyboard, I highly recommend it. As mentioned earlier, the pads suck but that's the case with any Akai MIDI controller with pads. The problem is easily fixed however, visit: mpcstuff.com where you can order new pads or cork spacers which improve the feel.

8 knobs, 8 filters, 9 pads, 49 keys, what are you waiting for?!
    papachilla...| UB Macbook Pro | NI Kontrol S4 | NI Kontrol X1 | AKAI MPD32 | AKAI LPK25 | KRK ROKIT5-2