Denon DNS-3500 Modification
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Denon DNS-3500 Modification

If you have a set of these excellent CDJs then you'll probably be looking wantingly at the 3700's and their 10" of platter against your measly 7".

Well, www.extrainches.co.uk comes to the rescue.

Add 2 extra inches to your platter in seconds, for a tiny investment you can love your decks again!

Would you rather spend £700 per deck, or £15 per deck and have much more scratching surface control?

Impress the ladies with your wider & fatter platter.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I want to see a demo video.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

seriously...facebook redirect.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

What's the problem with that. Facebook allows me to build loyalty, communicate, sell with ecommerce, host videos. It's the perfect platform. Don't diss!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    I want to see a demo video.
    I'm working on that and will let you know :-)

can you upload some before and after pictures... I still can't work out what your product actually is! is it a 9" platter that you attach to the existing jog wheel? can you show a picture of it separately? (not attached to anything) or is it just a sticker/decal?

I was told size didn't matter.....
    MacBook Pro / Dell XPS - S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - CDJ2000 - DJM900 Nexus - TMA-1 - Technics SL1200 MKII - Rodec MX 180

http://soundcloud.com/dj-pablo-korsou
    http://www.house-mixes.com/artists/DJ_Pablo_S/

What are the long term effects of the extra weight on the DD motor? Does the extra leverage due the increased circumference take the dynamics so far out of engineering specs so as to cause damage to bearings and/or drives?
    Last edited by space monkey; 03-06-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    can you upload some before and after pictures... I still can't work out what your product actually is! is it a 9" platter that you attach to the existing jog wheel? can you show a picture of it separately? (not attached to anything) or is it just a sticker/decal?
    It's a literal replacement for the platter, similar weight, same thickness, etc. Yes it overhangs, but that isn't such a big deal for some styles of DJ'ing, and the 8" unit overhang is minimal.

The mod may really suit your style, and if so, then it will give you a 3700 size platter! Well worth a try instead of buying new units I reckon.

There are other differences of course between the 3500 and the 3700, but to me the main difference is the platter size, I'm an old school DJ and don't use all the functionality of the units, so for that style of DJ it will be a key upgrade.

That said, it doesn't impede any of the functionality of the units.

I'll post video soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast