CDJ or Vinyl lessons?
    Tech Convert

Default CDJ or Vinyl lessons?

Vinyl is $35 a half hour, $65 for a full hour
    CDJ is $400 for 3 one-and-a-half hour lessons (you have to pay upfront)
    My setup is a S4 + Windows 7 Laptop

So, I guess my question really is: In your opinion, should I take CDJ or vinyl lessons, or just not take lessons at all?

-Alex-

Tech Guru

DO NOT TAKE LESSONS

You will not magically learn how to dj by taking these lessons. It is all about beat matching and hitting cue points in time. This takes practise

If you are going to have lessons I would go for lessons in production so you have a better understanding of music

Also the prices you put up are stupdily exspensive and you would not be getting value for money.

go buy a pair of turntables and learn that way. Loads of free online tutorials and then its just practise practise practise

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    DO NOT TAKE LESSONS

You will not magically learn how to dj by taking these lessons. It is all about beat matching and hitting cue points in time. This takes practise

If you are going to have lessons I would go for lessons in production so you have a better understanding of music

Also the prices you put up are stupdily exspensive and you would not be getting value for money.

go buy a pair of turntables and learn that way. Loads of free online tutorials and then its just practise practise practise
    yeah, unless you are rich and have money to literally throw away I wouldn't do it.

lessons?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

its a tough thing to pay someone for lessons, when you can just be part of a dj community in your city and it will be free
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    its a tough thing to pay someone for lessons, when you can just be part of a dj community in your city and it will be free
    Haha, +1 to that. :] See you on the 19th for round two Jes

Tech Convert

You know anybody in the community who'll teach? 'Cause I'd love to learn some new tricks

yeah...i think their name is either google or youtube...last name dot com...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    yeah...i think their name is either google or youtube...last name dot com...
    so funny, but true

In all seriousness youtube is by far the best place to learn techniques. There are great DJTT videos, dubspot has some interesting stuff and if you are a complete beginner you could probably spend months absorbing all the videos out there. Reading the S4 manual cover to cover and buying a copy of Ean's S4 dvd would also be a good move.

The other advice is to figure out what you want play and practice, practice, practice.

The very very last piece of advice is, when you have questions spend some time searching these forums before posting something. People will be more inclined to share their expertise on new, valid questions versus the 309th post about "how do I record on Traktor?" (For instance).
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.