Help pls with my S4 setup
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Help pls with my S4 setup

Hi

I bought a used S4 yesterday, it came with everything! Now I'm trying to set it up.
    I tried to install the S4 software, entered the serial no. and it came up its already registered to someone else, I sent a txt to the original owner and haven't heard back yet.

So I'v been trying to use it with the demo version of traktor that you can download from native instruments. But I can't get it to work with that either. Help?!

Tech Guru

Blue ballin bro, not cool lol. From what I've read the original owner has to unregister the S4 with NI. Have you talked about this with him yet? (Should have before buying)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    Blue ballin bro, not cool lol. From what I've read the original owner has to unregister the S4 with NI. Have you talked about this with him yet? (Should have before buying)
    he did say he would email NI about something alright!

I just sent NI an email there about the situation along with the serial number.

Do they take long to get back onto you?

Also, can't the S4 work with the demo version of traktor?!

Quote Originally Posted by dylanmc111 View Post
    he did say he would email NI about something alright!

I just sent NI an email there about the situation along with the serial number.

Do they take long to get back onto you?

Also, can't the S4 work with the demo version of traktor?!
    The S4 only works with the S4s software (as far as I know) although it may be able to work, you just won't be able to use most of the features. The current Traktor software does not include the features the S4 has to offer. It will in the 2nd version. Actually, it may As for NI's emails I am not sure - but Karlos can elaborate on that. However, if the original owner emailed NI, it should be resolved soon enough!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    The S4 only works with the S4s software (as far as I know) although it may be able to work, you just won't be able to use most of the features. The current Traktor software does not include the features the S4 has to offer. It will in the 2nd version. Actually, it may As for NI's emails I am not sure - but Karlos can elaborate on that. However, if the original owner emailed NI, it should be resolved soon enough!
    I really hope I didn't get scammed here and be left with a controller/software I can't use

I really hope I didn't get scammed here and be left with a controller/software I can't use
    If it doesn't work out with that guy, you should contact NI yourself. I have found in the past though, it's best to give people the benefit of your doubt . If he seemed like a pretty legit guy just give him a day or two to contact NI and for them to reply. If after may 4 or 5 days he has no reply or whatever, i'd take initiative and contact NI myself.

You do have the physical CD with the CD Key sticker on it, right?

Tech Mentor

if it turns out I don't hear back from the seller and NI don't reissue me with a valid serial number, am I stuck with the software/controller or is it possible to purchase a new valid one?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    If it doesn't work out with that guy, you should contact NI yourself. I have found in the past though, it's best to give people the benefit of your doubt . If he seemed like a pretty legit guy just give him a day or two to contact NI and for them to reply. If after may 4 or 5 days he has no reply or whatever, i'd take initiative and contact NI myself.

You do have the physical CD with the CD Key sticker on it, right?
    Yeah I have the physical CD with serial number, its practically brand new, the seller said he barely used it, he also invited me into his home and showed me it working so he seemed like a legit guy.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can use it in MIDI mode with Traktor Pro while you wait for the license transfer.

You can't activate the downloadable version because the S4 uses a different version of traktor.

Yeah I have the physical CD with serial number, its practically brand new, the seller said he barely used it, he also invited me into his home and showed me it working so he seemed like a legit guy.
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much then! Only thing that would be killing me is the wait .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast