**I'm Now Officially A Proud Member Of The Macbook Pro Family!!!** - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Done! Thanks
    I advise against smcFanControl for the newer (unibody) MBP's (i5/i7). Seen nothing but problems with it till i re-installed everything. All it did was suck battery life and make you worry about a problem that no longer exists. smcFanControl was for the older aluminum models that had heat issues.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    You probably don't need to. I never did my self.

Here are few links to read:
    http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1375
    You really don't need to defrag the drive. That's a thing of the past and probably not even necessary with NTFS on windows machines.

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    amazing! totally oposite here
    I was using FF on OS X, Linux & Windows for years, until like an year ago. FF was only given me grief LOL . huge memory footprint, frequent CPU pekas and daily crashes. Chrome is working better for me ...

Great that we have a choice for what to use ! LOL

BTW, Java is really essential. Dustin, you can check what java you have by issuing the following command in a "Terminal" app:
    Code:
    java -version
    it should be

if not:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/dl972
    Oh agreed on the memory footprint.....SHEEESH!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Well I'm downloading FF, lets see if youtube vids will play now.. Really strange that Safari wouldnt allow embed youtube vids to play right?

Another thing I would like to ask is how would I go about uninstalling a program that I don't want anymore?

I installed smcFanControl and a program called MacKeeper, but now I don't want them anymore, when I tried to uninstall them first MacKeeper wont give me an uninstall option anywhere within the program and I cant even find smcFanControl? I tried searching with spotlight but it doesn't show up anywhere, not in apps, finder or spotlight. Where could it be?

How can I go about uninstalling them? Thanks guys for tolerating all my newb MBP questions.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

did you move them to the apps folder when you installed them? if not you might be running them from the original file where you downloaded them (could be downloads?).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    did you move them to the apps folder when you installed them? if not you might be running them from the original file where you downloaded them (could be downloads?).
    I'm not sure. I just followed the on screen install instructions. The smcFanControl one is really bugging me cos I cant find the damn thing anywhere!

It was working when I installed it, then after I restarted the computer it disappeared?
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

This is all speculation, but you might have been running it off its own .dmg (virtual disk image) which was 'ejected' when you restarted. It's as if you were running it off a CD and then you ejected that. Look for the .dmg file in downloads.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Another thing I would like to ask is how would I go about uninstalling a program that I don't want anymore?
    Already told you that, dude !

AppZapper is the proper uninstallation utility for OS X. It's for the general applicaitons, which are just copied in Applications.

some programs, still provide uninstall scripts, so if such is present, use that.

Ok guys so I've been googling my ass off trying to learn all about this awesome MBP. I finally figured out how to uninstall programs and I got my youtube working! Yay!

I took out that smcFanControl and now I only use OnyX and Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner. I've also found the iStatMenu a great addition.

A big thanks to all of you guys who helped me out and gave me some great advice!

color me jealous.
    Look at me! I'm on the internet!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast