How to make this synth?
    Tech Convert

Default How to make this synth?

Dabruck & Klein - I've got my pride at 3:08
    The main synth. It's a very common synth and we would like to know how to recreate it, and how to make it this 'big' sounding. We work with Massive.

Thanks in advance.

The synths are layered, but the base sound sounds like a multivoiced saw. you detune them to get them to sound slightly different to eachother. You add a Piano sound over that to get the hard hit on the notes, and blend them together as much as possible.. you need to take the decay way down, to get the synth to not bleed but stop abruptly when you lift the note.

Thats about as much help I can give, I use Sylenth which is way easier to create proffesional sounding synths like the one above.

Tech Convert

I was thinking the same about the detuned saws, but maybe I need to fiddle around with some other settings. I'll try the piano thing though, thanks for your reply!
    btw, I'm just getting the hang of Massive (and loving it), so I won't start out again with another soft synth.

To expand on the previous reply Sylenth is better at creating a bright vintage sound. I find Massive is better for dirty morphing baselines, and newer Deadmau5 like progressive house sounds.

I would not worry about the learning curve. If you understand Massive you'll have no problem with Sylenth. In fact, you really wouldn't even need to know what you are doing. There are several presets out there that will help.