VCI-100 Scratching Pt. 1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Vestax VCI-100/300 is the only midi controller that can give dj's the best scratches close to regular turntables. I've tried them all except Numark's NS7 and personally wouldn't buy it because of Numark's history with producing junk. I use to have problems with my CDX's and I bought the HDX's and took them back, because they started acting up from day one.

Armsteada, man your scratch video on youtube and Ean's video and this Site are the only Reasons for me investing in the VCI-100. How are you able to scratch so well, cause man I have been trying my best but I am having issues with it. I wish there was a video on how to scratch and mix music together. Maybe you will come out with a tutorial vid soon, I'm hoping cause I will be lookin for it. Ean I have to say thanx to you cause you showed some cool tricks when Traktor Pro first Came out and I did some of them at the New years Eve Party I DJ'd and man Everybody Loved it now they want me for every Party they throw. Thanx Man!!
    DJ BIG Q. (HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL)
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

Please next time post in the mixes section of the forum - but nice work on getting some vids up, i wish more people did this.

Tech Wizard

Thanks Big Q.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by armsteada View Post
    Vestax VCI-100/300 is the only midi controller that can give dj's the best scratches close to regular turntables. I've tried them all except Numark's NS7 and personally wouldn't buy it because of Numark's history with producing junk. I use to have problems with my CDX's and I bought the HDX's and took them back, because they started acting up from day one.
    I have to disagree, thats just what you like to use. I've used the vci-100 and I perfer the xponent. Now your scratch skills are excellent, no doubt you can scratch on just about anything. but there are others having success with the xponent.

Tech Wizard

Thanks Big Q. I do have some technics that I would like to share and I have better videos to share, but I can't seem to get a response from Vestax. I don't want to help sell their product and they don't want to recognize me. I've seen plenty of VCI-100 videos and they all show people mixing/blending songs, but no real scratching. I even saw where people said it can't be done. I've reached out to Vestax plenty of times and no responses. I even reached out to Ean and he did ask me to send him some video clips. I did and no response. I would love to show my technics, new ideas and better video clips (the ones posted are nothing), but people copy what they see and want to take credit, that's why I won't post anything else. Send me a email and I'll give you some pointers.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Really, armsteada, I think that the best way to get Vestax to recognize you is to get videos up on the net and get people to recognize it and see it. So people might copy and take credit. They are still your ideas and abilities and there is proof of it on the glorious internets.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

With you on that one Dvls,

Large companies dont care about your skills with their products, they care about what potential customers think about your skills with their products, and how many potential customers know about your skills with your products.

If you water mark your videos no reputable blog will feature them without giving you credit, and that way you might actually build up enough of a following that you can get some interest from Vestax.

Dope vid though armsteada!

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'll keep posting videos.

Although the videos for the VCI-300 are much more promising... The VCI-100 is far from being a true replacement for a turntablist style controller. I have yet to see a VCI-100 video which comes close to acceptable turntablist performance. The VCI-300 vids are alot better and it makes me sad that the VCI-100 isn't better. I am in no way taking away from armsteada's skills, but I think DJs who are into scratching can agree that the vci-100 is not a good option as a controller for emulating more complex scratching. We were hoping for it in the 100...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast