S4 - juggle mode - video+ tsi files ;) - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Didn't see it mentioned above (unless I missed it) but you are still able to utilize the load button to load a song into deck a or b if you hold the shift button while you press it. I'm speaking of when you're NOT in browser mode so thats cool.
    Yes that was the intend, to keep this option as it was without conflict with what we implemented.

Preset 2: reverse grain/filter:92 pulse/digital lofi
    Preset 3: reverse grain/ringmodulator/filter
    Preset 4: flanger pulse/transpose stretch/filter
    That doesn't make sense, the presets are integrated in the mapping with FX select functions so that should be what I described. What could be the cause? Do you use any other mapping ? Does that do that on either fx unit?
    I've just checked, the presets are correctly written within the mapping, gater being a gater, etc, etc...The only thing that is not integrated with the mapping is the first preset (beatmasher/delay/delay) as those are the ones you are supposed to set by yourself in your preferences.
    More info from you would be cool because right now I just don't understand.

and in single mode preset 1 (gater) was set to iceverb instead. the rest of the presets matched up fine. However, I was able to simply change the assignment in the mapping and everything works fine
    ? As I said, it's a gater as first preset for single mode and already defined and if you changed something, unless I didn't give you the good files you're messing with something elsewhere (put that iceverb back were you found it )
    Just so you know there are some stuff you'll be able to change if you want to but I need to write that down.
    Last edited by Yul; 03-08-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Third post edited with the FX settings.

Tech Wizard

Yeah i didnt understand how it happened either lol but I had to change each of the fx assignments for the selection functions in the map because for some reason they were assigned to completely different effects. The only other mapping I am using is one I made for assigning key/pitch change using the gain knobs but that shouldnt have any effect on your map.

Has anyone else tested these mappings and can provide on some feedback about if they see similar effect mappings as I did?

I'll have a look at the files I uploaded just to be sure but that's strange. If eventually you find out why, please let me/us know. How about the rest? Did you read my third post? Does that work as intended?

Edit: just checked the files, it seems ok, I just don't understand at all. However I wrote in the original post to use the edit button within the controller manager where it is the ADD button of course.
    I'll correct the posts as you or I may spot mistakes.
    Last edited by Yul; 03-08-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Tech Wizard

Yeah I figured that much about the Add instead of edit and just read your last third post. I'll have to play around with it more later when i get home and I'll do some troubleshooting of reloading the files and seeing if the effects still dont match up. But its really not a big deal as i already started changing some of the selections and parameters last night

Just wanted to say thank you again for your very informative and detailed post! I'll be sure to provide some more feedback later this evening

That's the track untouched for those interested in making a comparison between the original and the video I posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0RtFxQbsE

Tech Convert

Hi Yul i uploades the files and the same thing happened with the fx selection but i changed it to match what you said and its working great. im going to have a play tonight just wondering as there is 2 tsi files could you have one set of fx for one side then an other set of fx for the other side? just to get a few more options. any way thanks so much for posting the map im one of those morons thats not good at mapping so now i will be able to see what you have done and play around with it a bit to learn more for my self. Thanks heaps

Hello.
    I'm going to upload the files once again, I don't understand. Did you set up your favorites as beatmasher, delay, delay? Did you get the same FX as Viceversa?
    Are all effects within the list used by Traktor?
    Well that's a mystery for me. If someone has a clue, please let me know.

Yes you can have a set of FX for each unit of course, personally speaking that's not something I like. I prefer to think as left hand side for deck A, right handside for deck B. Just note that the preset that is your favorite will have to be included in both.
    But do as you see fit, your call, it's just a base so adapt it to what you really like. Use my third post as a rough guideline to set up things.
    Last edited by Yul; 03-09-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Hello.
    I'm going to upload the files once again, I don't understand. Did you set up your favorites as beatmasher, delay, delay? Did you get the same FX as Viceversa?
    Did all effects were within your list within the list used by Traktor?
    Well that's a mystery for me. If someone has a clue, please let me know.

Yes you can have a set of FX for each unit of course, personally speaking that's not something I like. I prefer to think as left hand side for deck A, right handside for deck B. Just note that the preset that is your favorite will probably have/will be included in both.
    But do as you see fit, your call, it's just a base so adapt it to what you really like. Use my third post as a rough guideline to set up things.
    Not sure if this is related or not, but when I imported my mapping for my MPK mini with effects on the pads (from traktor pro to traktor s4), the effects weren't assigned right. I figured that it might have something to do with the order that the effects were set up in (in the bit where you choose what effects you want) but it wasn't really that much effort to just change the mapping.

Tech Wizard

Yul maybe you have other maps on your setup that could be affecting the way the effects show up for everyone else? Or perhaps the effects on the drop down list are in a different order? I'm just throwing out some ideas.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast