Dance Music Thesis Survey (Please Help!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Dance Music Thesis Survey (Please Help!)

Hello,

I am a long term reader-first time poster on Dj Tech tools and for my University Thesis I have chosen to write about the evolution of the Independent record label and the effects of the internet on the dance music industry.

Part of the research is to obtain views and opinions from dj's, producers and consumer so I thought where better to ask than on djtt!

The survey will only take 2 minutes, is 100% confidential and is for academic purposes only:

http://www.nathanrae.com/survey

Thank you very much for your time, your views and opinions will add huge value to the study!

Done.

(and welcome to the forum!)
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

keep this thread a live so i remember to do it when i get home from school
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

done!

Done
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Guru

He doesn't want to be a part of this forum. Nor does he doesn't want to take the time to do his own research or read any your comments. Long time reader my ass, sorry. Who ever contributed, I'm really surprised you will let yourself be taken advantage of so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    He doesn't want to be a part of this forum. Nor does he doesn't want to take the time to do his own research or read any your comments. Long time reader my ass, sorry. Who ever contributed, I'm really surprised you will let yourself be taken advantage of so easily.
    OK... who actually cares?

For one thing, the survey literally took 2 minutes and was not in any way taxing or an inconvenience.

More importantly, the prime reason for the existence of this forum is to help people out with DJ technology in general and share skills and knowledge. I don't see any problem with someone posting a thesis survey on here be they a long time poster or not.

This forum is a vast knowledge base with a wide variety of DJing styles and preferences, where better to post such a survey?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    OK... who actually cares?

For one thing, the survey literally took 2 minutes and was not in any way taxing or an inconvenience.

More importantly, the prime reason for the existence of this forum is to help people out with DJ technology in general and share skills and knowledge. I don't see any problem with someone posting a thesis survey on here be they a long time poster or not.

This forum is a vast knowledge base with a wide variety of DJing styles and preferences, where better to post such a survey?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Given the circumstances I consider it spam. I find sharing knowledge to someone who is not genuine a waste of 2 minutes. Long time reader is a rather generic marketing ploy btw.

Agree to disagree.

It's important to recognize these things because the DJ is always evolving. The audience is always evolving. Who says I won't be mixing dubstep in my nu electro/indie dance mixes a few weeks or years from now. The DJ is a brand and the consumer will associate the music you play with your brand name. When DJs become commercial, I still think it is important to keep an edge and original take on DJing, but still be able to balance that with the current trends in dance music or whatever genre you associate yourself with. Keep the research ideas coming. These findings may contribute to our learning society!

-KOOL KAT

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Long time reader or not the guy asked for help with his thesis in an area that's related to this site, jumping down his throat serves no purpose whatsoever. If you don't like it stay out of the thread and don't comment.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast