LCD Monitors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCD Monitors

Default LCD Monitors

Ok, i just got a new 27" wide screen 1080p view sonic flatscreen monitor... So far everything is great aside from like a wavy effect like horazontal lines of brighter and dimer pixles. it dosnt detract from image quality, it just messes with my eyes cause its like pulsating. It goes away when i play games after like 15 minutes... But i left starcraft 2 up for about 2 hours, on the menu full screen, and it didnt go away... Do LCD monitors have to warm up? do they need to process the graphics of a game at like 40fps to actually warm up?? this monitor is only a day old and had maybe 12 hours of use...

Should i return this while i can for a 25" wide screen LED monitor by HP?

I use a 23" from AOC 1080p look into that, mine takes very little time to warm up like 5 seconds and also has really good picture quality
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

so LCD's do warm up then? and it's most likely the fact that it is a 27 inch monitor that takes it solong to warm up... could the fact that i live in the mountains and my house gets super cold also be a factor?

If i return this for anything i think it will be the LED monitor... but i guess if theres nothing wrong with it and they just have to warm up its not that big of a deal... though i feel like it should warm up after having been left on the menue screen of starcraft that long.. Yesterday i played 1 game and within the first 15 minutes of playing it warmed right up...

Tech Guru

Sounds like you got a faulty monitor or something...it shouldn't take 15 minutes to stabilize image quality. Viewsonic is a reputable name so I doubt that its actually a process intended by their monitors.

Check if the source for the video is VGA. If it is VGA then you are subject to interference due to analog signal. Check for a better cable of test with another equipment.

If the connections are digital like HDMI or DVI then check if you are connecting thru some sort of receiver. Receivers tend to fuck up the signal creating the problems you mentioned.

If that doesnt work then looks like you got a bad panel chap.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    I use a 23" from AOC 1080p look into that, mine takes very little time to warm up like 5 seconds and also has really good picture quality
    How you like AOC? My local Costco have 24" at $148. Sounds too good specially when the one they put to it's side, a Samsung with equal specs, retails for double...
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    How you like AOC? My local Costco have 24" at $148. Sounds too good specially when the one they put to it's side, a Samsung with equal specs, retails for double...
    I love it, after some tweaking I got it to display wonderfully.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

It is plugged into the same power surger and is sitting right next to my turntables, midi controller, rokit 8's and 10's... I just got an hdmi cable so i can try that instead... but the weird thing is it seems to come and go...

Tech Mentor

Hey hey hey just putting this out there.... LCDs NEVER WARM UP..... you might've had a panel problem, which cost a lot to repair so i suggest buy a new LCD
    Audio 2 Dj VCI 100 Ion Discover Dj Ihome headphones Traktor Pro Compaq desktop/ gateway laptop Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/EDM-El...06094132799412
    http://www.facebook.com/djdynasty17
    Email: edmfreaks@yahoo.com

i think it has to do with interference... the VGA cable is like right next to and was touching a monster rca to headphone cable... and it dosn't happen all the time... if it was a faulty panel i feel like it would be super obvious and a constant problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast