switch from firmware 1.4 to 1.2 w/o reflashing?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default switch from firmware 1.4 to 1.2 w/o reflashing?

I know you can switch from 1.3 to 1.2 by following the steps in this video:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...43&postcount=6

but how can you switch from 1.4 to 1.2?

I need to do this to use my VCI-100 SE (that I just bought from dylooon) in Mixxx which has mappings for the VCI-100 but, for example doesn't work with the pitch faders (oddly most everything else works)

I have searched and read a lot of the common questions about firmware thread but I'm not seeing this answer anywhere. Sorry if this is in the FAQ or already posted.

Tech Guru

I'd suggest simply remapping the pitch faders, rather than throwing away all the features of 1.4. With 1.2 you get several buttons that are locked to each other (very annoying), and miss out on the hi-resolution jogs and pitch faders.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

hmm. I tried using the MIDI Learning Wizard in Mixxx to do that and it does allow one pitch fader to work (though the pitch is reversed) the other pitch fader jumps from one end of the range to the other and has no granular control at all. if I do map this it will be a bit more complicated I think. I may have to look at the sniff the MIDI messages that the 1.4 firmware is sending (or look at the documentation for 1.4 firmware, if it exists )

http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/midi_...ng_file_format

This is why I just wanted to try the stock 1.2 firmware with Mixxx.

How will I use the 4 deck/pitch fader features of 1.4 firmware if Mixxx only has two decks? or, will that functionality make using this firmware on Mixxx more difficult?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You switch it the same way.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by JBstrikesagain View Post
    How will I use the 4 deck/pitch fader features of 1.4 firmware if Mixxx only has two decks? or, will that functionality make using this firmware on Mixxx more difficult?
    obviously you can't use 4 decks, I think the 4 deck mode uses modifiers in traktor so won't exist in mixxx unless you map it... which of course you can't. Does mixxx mapping support modifiers?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You switch it the same way.
    Well, I tried holding down those small black buttons in top left and booting it up and nothing seemed to change.

I did manage to get disco mode to work which was kinda fun.. but not what I'm looking for ultimately ;-)

Tech Wizard

Mixxx has a full Javascript-based scripting system. You can make any button act as a "shift" button, or even combinations of buttons if you so choose to script it that way .

sweet!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    obviously you can't use 4 decks, I think the 4 deck mode uses modifiers in traktor so won't exist in mixxx unless you map it... which of course you can't. Does mixxx mapping support modifiers?
    Mixxx has something more advanced than Traktor mapping modifiers. It can run a script to control multiple functions within Mixxx

http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/midi_scripting

Tech Wizard

BTW, internally Mixxx has 4-decks, we just don't have a skin yet. An official skin w/ 4 decks should be out "soon" in a future release.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast